saturday mawnin kingfish action

Krispy !

Hey raiders quick report as im heading to the footy, got out this morning chasing the kings as usual. At dawn there wasn't much surface action but began cubing the pillys and was soon hooked up but it spat a few seconds later. Sent another cube down the trail soon after and came up tight to a king that I could not turn at all, this thing just kept on taking line and even thought I had about 6-7 kg drag and thumbing the spool at the same time he done me. would have been easy 90-100cm. Went dead for a while then a rush of baitfish which were getting harassed, dropped a cube between them and came up tight again. A good fight on 10lb an he was in the net after 3-4min. It went 65cm on the dot, so sashimi is on the cards tonight. Another hour of nothing and left at 1100. Fun day out and fresh sashimi cant get much better :)

post-11865-0-99457200-1442033592_thumb.jpg

post-11865-0-88930100-1442033611_thumb.jpg

Thanks everyone!!

Great job Krispy! Enjoy the sashimi. Unlucky on the big girl, must feel incredible to have a fish like that on the end of the line- rats pull hard enough as it is.

It's humbling to hook something you can't control lol

Beautiful fish mate! Half pilly or just a chunk?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks mate just fishing cubes

Sure feels good to hook one you can't turn. Congratulations.

Always nice to grab a legal one! Sometimes I think they bite their own tail on the way up! Lol :)

Well done!

Cheers scratchie!!!

thanks Harold and Scratchie, hooking up and fighting them is great fun, taking one home is a bonus