Online Shopping

rodf

Sorry if this is an old topic that's already been discussed, but......

which of the online stores - Australian or international - is the best for purchasing reels, line, tackle etc.

By best I mean cheapest, reliable, prompt, undamaged etc etc.

I was looking at eBay and there is an American store (alltackle.com) advertising, amongst other shimano reels, a Shimano Calcutta ct50 baitcaster for $207, with $50 postage, handling and insurance. I've seen them in Sydney fishing stores for $350.

Appreciate any feedback....

Cheers,

Rod

Just make sure you look at what currency they are trading in also, you can get caught out especially if it's in $US or UK Pounds!

And make sure they will deliver to Australia too!

But about $30AU is reasonable for postage from US to here for something like a sounder, reel size and weight.

Mate, mate, mate, good timing. I just found this mob in Queensland - Holy smoke they are cheap and seem to be a nice small family operation.

I have bought a Shimano Tekota 600 for my old man for last Xmas. I bought it locally (Northern Beaches) for $350. Good price compared to ALOT of places. I love the reel so much I'm buying myself one too. I LOOKED EVRYWHERE!! I rang ABA (site sponsor) and they can do even better deals (approx $280).

I was put onto a website www.Wellsystackle.com and they send you a really good catalogue (they haven't got an online shop as yet). I bought a Tekota 600 today for $269!!!! Almost $100 cheaper than most places.

All their stuff seems really cheap. I promise I'm not affiliated with them at all and actually suggested thay could advertise on Fishraider as they mentioned they don't get heaps of sales from NSW.

Hope this helps you all to get a bargain. America is cheap but by the time you get shipping it ends up the same as getting a really good deal here (may as well support the local guys!!)

P.S I also strongly recommend ABA. They are also very helpful and of course a site sponsor - and they do have comparatively good prices!!!! Dicounts for Fishraiders!

:thumbup:

Kingy

Thanks for the feedback.

Duyz72 and pogo,

Yep, I made sure the price was in aussie dollars. They quoted me US$33 for postage, so that's around AU$45.

Thanks Telcobroker,

I had a look at Cambells and they have the same reel for $289!! They may be worth a closer look.

And Kingy,

Took your advice and ordered a catalogue, so I'll see how the price stacks up against Campbells. And I'll give ABA a call.....can't possibly overlook the site sponsors!!!

Cheers All,

Rod

Rod, easy enough to do a search for price but customer satisfaction is found through trial and error I would surmise... :wacko:

there is this site that i've had saved for a while in my favourites that I'll probably buy a couple of reels from. I'm in the U.S. a couple of times a year and shall get them sent to the rellies and bring them home myself ...in another chillybin :biggrin2:

http://www.digitaldagger.com/index.html

There prices seem good and free postage in the states........standard I think

Edited by clutch

• 1 month later...

OK fellas,

As requested I'm reporting back after some shopping around for a new reel - a Shimano Calcutta 50B - a little overhead reel for bass, bream, flathead etc.

I checked a heap of prices online/Internet, rang ABA (mentioned I'm a fishraider member) and a few other shops around Sydney/Queensland/Melbourne/Perth, but I ended up getting the best deal at Thornleigh Bait and Tackle in Sydney's north.

They did ask me not to mention the price and I will respect their wish, but I can say it was bloody good!!

If you're after a good deal, you make sure you try these guys. Speak to Andrew or Rudi.

Cheers,

Rod

I don't shop online at all except for 2nd hand bargains on ebay. I find I get the best prices from my local shops, normally thornleigh tackle and occassionally north rocks, wellsys and MO tackle. Wellsys and MO have fantastic service.

you know ,it's funny but that is a good question?had rod sent from plat japan,no custumes duty,no gst.had gear sent from charkbait,,,total 798 us and got hit 49aus custumes duty and 149 bloody gst on top.then had one reel and rod ,nothing from us.now waiting for my new penn-16vsx and other items,should be here today or tommorrow.will let you know then about tax's.......one thing i have learned about overseas suppliers is that you can get a good deal like rigged your way at no cost.that might not sound like alot but when you think about 500mtrs of 80 braid and top shot fluro,and had to buy seperate than you see the cost.p.s. braid is braid but izorline is the best braid imo that i have ever used for deep jiging, and casting.and believe me i've used them all from a-z,from japan to rio. :05:

I have found CampbellsProTackle.com to be a good point of reference for product range and pricing - I don't know if they are competitive and I have never bought from them as I have always used my local supplier.

I have ordered from them and received goods within 24 hours, even coming from WA :1yikes: Prices very competitive too.

ABA have had good reports also.

HI all,

Ive bought plenty from Campbells and the service is great. Very prompt. Prices are alot cheaper for some things compared to Sydney. Also used Bass Pro from the US, and picked up reels cheaper than here , even when accounting for exchange rates and postage.

Sq.