Melbourne Cup

stevefish

Well, my Sportsbet account balance just got hammered!

I only use it for the Melbourne Cup and its built up to $1200 over the last 5 years.

All luck I have to tell you but nevertheless that's the way its panned out.

It's a fair wad of cash to throw at the races but it has been built up over 5 years and I only bet once a year.

Every year all the balance goes on the day and what ever I win is there for next year.

Melbourne Cup day is always a quiet day on the help desk at work so I just place bets on every race of the day and do a little paperwork and watch the races live.

I usually do well with a combination of Scratchie's " Mystery Bet" strategy trifectas and my "boxed best 4" strategy trifectas.

I also put some bigger bets on the Melbourne Cup and pick a few roughies just for good measure.

Nothing in the two first races but on the third race I picked the trifecta and I win a modest $76 for a $12 investment.... Good start I thought

with 18 bets to go!

Well apart from a second place on the Melbourne Cup that was it for the rest of the day and my account is back to $84... about where it was 5 years ago!

Nothing gained and nothing lost I guess.

Just when I thought I had this betting caper sussed out.

Hope someone out there did a little better.

Cheers

Jim

Edited by fragmeister

Well I have had a magic day with the MIL and friend. I backed the winner, won a sweep, and won money on almost every race in Melb and Sydney. A woman has created history by winning the Cup. All in all a great day for mrsswordieattachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1446532808.740701.jpg

A woman jockey winning the Melbourne Cup ... who would have thought it?

Well me actually!

Had an argument with my old man about 35 years ago. I had been reading the Guinness Book of Records and

noting how women's sporting records in athletics had been improving at faster rate than the men's records.

I figured they had not yet reached their potential and better training would put them closer to the men... which it has.

He said, they aren't strong enough to control a thoroughbred racehorse and I said well, even if that was the case, what if they are 75% as strong as men but you only need 70% of a man's strength to control the horse.... then surely its with their capabilities?

Well, that didn't convince him and he never lived to see it happen.

Pity, that would be the first argument I would have won with my dad. LOL