Port stephens update!

Scratchie

G'day raiders,

Just a quick report from today. Headed to broughton island early this morning after picking up some slimies at cabbage tree. They were everywhere!

Water was showing only 20.1 and murky green with a bit of debrie.

Hit the sisters and threw jigs for snapper and ran a livie out the back. Second drift the livie gets smoked and almost spools me as we start to chase. 5min fight all ended we he beat me to the reef. I was using a penn GT330 50lb and 80leader. Shattered. Another drift and picked up a couple of 3 kg snapper and some pannies.

Trolled the traps on the way home but no dollies, water way too cold. Nice day to be on the water though!

No pics, sorry phone went dead.

Did anyone go out wide this weekend?

Cheers scratchie!!!

Bad luck on the one that got away. Smokin. Nice day to be put on the water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was a bit disappointed. Kingy for sure. He knew where the structure was and it was a race to it!

Beautiful day out there!

Good to hear you nailing them up there. I have a new boat coming in a couple of weeks and can't wait to get up there early new year.

Hey Adam,

Good to hear your still about. Look me up when your up here. It would be good to catch up again!

Hey mate was out all weekend to. Picked up dollies at the fad and some stripies. I appreciated your message to but was up there with the oldies otherwise would have taken you up on it

No worries. What was the water temp at the fad?

I went out about 8km to the traps but no signs of life there and water was cold.

We had 24 deg at the fad off Swansea on Saturday. But fish were a no show. ( report to come)

Well done on the reds. Bad luck on the king.

Cheers Steve. 24deg? That's marlin territory! Although the weather was good, fishing was tough up this way. Heaps and heaps of bait but no pelagics to be seen!

I was up at Norah canyons on Friday for nothing but did see a blue caught near us about midday by the only other boat out there

Water was cold in close but once past 75 fms got up to 23 deg

Bait isn't stacked on the shelf yet so it's hit and miss at the moment

The sea was good all day and the beer was cold so can't complain

I was up at Norah canyons on Friday for nothing but did see a blue caught near us about midday by the only other boat out there

Water was cold in close but once past 75 fms got up to 23 deg

Bait isn't stacked on the shelf yet so it's hit and miss at the moment

The sea was good all day and the beer was cold so can't complain

Cheers Gerry. Are you headed up this way this year? It would be good to catch up again as it's been a while. At least there's some good fish still in close but hard to find.

That would of been a stonker of a fish to smoke you on 50lb to 80LB leader. Possibly a shark?? bad luck on that one but at least you came good with a few others.

It was no shark. I'd seen a few hoodies cruzin around about 5 mins earlier as I boated a small fish. This thing knew exactly where it was headed!

I was using a penn GT330 50lb and 80leader.

That's the same set up as me & cant imagine getting smoked on that but hey ​there are some big things out there :whistling:

11 days till I head up​ there for a 3 day quick bash.

Will be fishing land ba​sed so does anyone have any suggestions on locations?

I've read in the examin​er(on the net) that Zenith is now open to fishing, is that correct??

Ive been trying to cont​act the DPI for 2 days but no answer :ranting2:

a

I was using a penn GT330 50lb and 80leader.

That's the same set up as me & cant imagine getting smoked on that but hey ​there are some big things out there :whistling:

11 days till I head up​ there for a 3 day quick bash.

Will be fishing land ba​sed so does anyone have any suggestions on locations?

I've read in the examin​er(on the net) that Zenith is now open to fishing, is that correct??

Ive been trying to cont​act the DPI for 2 days but no answer :ranting2:

a

I've landed some big fish on it too, hence why I was using it. It was no match for the reef though.

:( that's fishing!

I haven't heard about zenith but there's more productive spots than that anyway.

Cheers Gerry. Are you headed up this way this year? It would be good to catch up again as it's been a while. At least there's some good fish still in close but hard to find.

w

Hi Jeff

I'll be up there in the new year some time, I don't have a firm date yet but am looking at comming up for a week in early March.

Only a week this year mate? With Cliffy and John in tow?

Yea Ive got a wedding the last weekend in Feb and a new grandaughter comming first week of march which means I'm going to have to work whilst the boss takes a week off after the baby is born.

But as soon as thats all over I'm comming up with john and Cliff will be up there the last week of Feb for a month.

Hopefully the weathers good the fishing hot and the beers cold butI can only control one of them.