FINALLLYYYY

allen_f

Hey Raiders,

I hope everyone got out today! The weather was immaculate. I'll keep it nice and short.

Went out to lilli pilli today for a fish and the goal was the catch my first ever kingy! Safe to say mission accomplished (crying with joy right now). I've been wanting to catch a king for ages and it finally happened today! Couldn't be happier. Thanks to all the raiders that gave me advice. Also I bumped into two other kayak fisherman this morning so if you fellas are on this forum, say hello :)

As you guys know, I've taken to editing all my trips now into videos, so I'll mostly give you video reports. Hope my amateur fishing is enough to keep you guys entertained :o

And also the missus got my a gomoku kaiten to help with catching the kings, does anyone have any suggestions as to what reel would match this beautiful rod? :) Help would be appreciated. Any how enjoy the video!

Fish went:

63cm

65cm

68cm

New years sashimi sorted and a fillet for dinner tonight cooked in chinese soy and chilli marinade.

That's a great vid and congrats on the kings...especially the legal edible one! You must have had them burleyed up big time as the hangers on were thereabouts when you pulled each one in!

Hahah yes, used 80% of my pillies berleying hahahah

Allen,

That was inspirational. I was down at Dolls Point today. I didn't catch anything, but that wasn't the point as I was getting the feel of a new combo. However, the amount of boats and jet skiers made me think that most of the fish would be spooked. Your effort proved otherwise. I know that area and I'll bet you rode the wake of more than the occasional boat. But those kingies were aggressive. Your berleying no doubt played a big part in that. Well done on both the results and the video report.

Thanks everyone! I didn't think berleying was too important before either but after today, i can guarantee all old pillies are getting chopped up and thrown around the yak everytime i go out hahaha.

Top effort on not 1 but 3 kingies. Can i ask what bait did the damage.

pillie cubes :)

great vid allen good to see you get a few!

Thanks mate still need to get as good as you :P

Thanks everyone!! Im an aspiring powerlifter and the kingies have put more hurt on my body than the weights do. Safe to say, i should fish more!! HAHHA my back is really feeling it today. Looking forward to catching bigger models soon :)

Guest Guest123456789

Hey Raiders,

I hope everyone got out today! The weather was immaculate. I'll keep it nice and short.

Went out to lilli pilli today for a fish and the goal was the catch my first ever kingy! Safe to say mission accomplished (crying with joy right now). I've been wanting to catch a king for ages and it finally happened today! Couldn't be happier. Thanks to all the raiders that gave me advice. Also I bumped into two other kayak fisherman this morning so if you fellas are on this forum, say hello :)

As you guys know, I've taken to editing all my trips now into videos, so I'll mostly give you video reports. Hope my amateur fishing is enough to keep you guys entertained :o

And also the missus got my a gomoku kaiten to help with catching the kings, does anyone have any suggestions as to what reel would match this beautiful rod? :) Help would be appreciated. Any how enjoy the video!

Fish went:

63cm

65cm

68cm

New years sashimi sorted and a fillet for dinner tonight cooked in chinese soy and chilli marinade.

Well done Allen great catch and video. Can you share the Chinese soy and chilli kingfish recipe please?

Well done Allen great catch and video. Can you share the Chinese soy and chilli kingfish recipe please?

Hahah Thanks mate. I would love to give you the recipe except i have no idea how my mum made it. I think you start off by pan frying the fillet then slowly adding a bit of soy sauce, sugar, shallots, garlic, a few slices of ginger and of course chilli. Let it simmer till the sauce turns kind of thick but still runny and it should be done :) Goodluck, if my mum shares the full recipe, I will update it! :D

What I'd like to know is how on earth did that guy tip over the Hobie outback in an estuary? I remember fishing that same spot in my Revo a few years ago, it's always flat unless a massive ski boat goes past.