a trip to clear the mind

cait97

So I haven't been feeling myself lately just been really blue and not a happy fisho so what other way too cheer myself up go fishing and fishing I did.

Set off at 7 am in the beautiful sleepy town of Marion bay SA , weather was shocking in the morning but it didn't take long too flatten out thank the fishing gods!!

So we headed out wide too 80 M of water now that's rough going with 350 gram sinkers but did it pay off we did our first drift and snapper on.... now I've caught alot of prized fish including barrel size blue fin tuna kingfish etc, but the legal snapper has been haunting me for years !! And finally I got my legal snapper weighing in at about 4 kilos not a monster but defiantly impressed that the fish has been ticked off my bucket list... well after pulling up a whole heap of snapper I thought I was hooked up too good old Australia and was I wrong the rod started to buckle the reel started too scream keep in mind this is a pe 1-2 Rod after about a 5 minute fight turns out I had a 12 kilo stingray on and a about a 4 kilo snapper.... sad face was totally hoping for a shark but that's fishing now after getting our bag of snapper we set off too find some nannygai it didn't take long too find the honey hole and it was fish on I guess you could say I like too mix my fishing up so being the only girl on the boat I thought I'd try get my first decent fish on a jig while everyone used bait within minutes of the jig being down there fish on!! Pulled up a nice nannygui was defiantly impressed with myself and pulled up a few more after that aswell. To me pulling up the fish on a jig was the highlight on my day it is far from a huge fish but it will defiantly be remembered

Fishing provides that connection with the whole living world. It gives you the opportunity of being totally immersed, turning back into yourself in a good way. A form of meditation, some form of communion with levels of yourself that are deeper than the ordinary self.

Tight lines cait

post-37376-0-42704400-1452063138_thumb.jpg

post-37376-0-79040500-1452063157_thumb.jpg

Excellent work on your first legal Snapper, congratulations.

And gee thats a stonker of a Nanny to, good work getting it on the Jig.

Your right about fishing clearing the mind and looking into the soul. :)

Edited by Blackfish

Hi Cait and welcome to Fishraider. My mates and I have been over to SA quite a few times and fished Marion Bay /Wedge Island several times. We have always found the area very productive for Snapper to 92cms, KGW, Nannygai, Snook and Australian Salmon. We have also fished at Cape Jervis with success, too. Hope you manage to wet a line when you get over to the East Coast. Cheers, Neil.

Good stuff cait! There great size fish. Don't be making a bucket list just yet, your only a young lass and I'm sure there's plenty of fish to tick off over the next 50 years! :)

Cheers scratchie!!!

Marlin and dolphin fish are high priority :)

Hi Cait and welcome to Fishraider. My mates and I have been over to SA quite a few times and fished Marion Bay /Wedge Island several times. We have always found the area very productive for Snapper to 92cms, KGW, Nannygai, Snook and Australian Salmon. We have also fished at Cape Jervis with success, too. Hope you manage to wet a line when you get over to the East Coast. Cheers, Neil.

MEMBERS22 postsGender:FemaleLocation:Adelaide

Posted Today, 08:10 PM

Cheers mate our biggest for the day was 96 cm as he was a big angry red we had a very productive day and bagged on all targeted species. Let me know when down I'll get you onto some epic fishing grounds im planning on travelling around on the hunt for marlin and mahi mahi

Excellent work on your first legal Snapper, congratulations.

And gee thats a stonker of a Nanny to, good work getting it on the Jig.

Your right about fishing clearing the mind and looking into the soul. :)

Thanks mate very impressed we ended up pulling up a few 4-5 kilo models but no times for photos when the bite is hot

Great work Cait. I caught my first legal scalper earlier this year i was so stoked.

I have a t-shirt it says

Fishing keeps me sane.

It sure does, my wife still does not get what I get out of fishing.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Great work Cait. I caught my first legal scalper earlier this year i was so stoked.

I have a t-shirt it says

Fishing keeps me sane.

It sure does, my wife still does not get what I get out of fishing.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

I've caught giant blue fin and i got more of a buzz catching a fish on a jig crazy i know i think I'll just stay single so i can fish when i want whenever i want ;-)