My new spot

michael2203

G'day raiders,

So with the George's river currently resembling a caramel milkshake, and after a few weeks of minimum action, I decided to head east and explore around the airport/sans soucci.

Sat morning was up before the sun and headed to San Soucci. After exploring a little, decided to head over to a spot closer to the airport that looked promising (on the map anyway). So for the next few hours I landed a total of 5 fish -2 bream, 2 flathead and the fish in the attached picture (ID please). In between fish #2 and #3, I experience one of those moments all fishos hate. After a few taps, my rod had gone nuts and almost pulled in the drink. I gather it just in time and there is something massive on the other end :banana: . As I get a solid grip on the rod and start winding, getting all excited as this was easily the biggest thing I have EVER caught, SNAP...the line breaks right near the reel. :ranting2::ranting2::ranting2::ranting2::ranting2: . Not happy Jan. So if anyone happens to find a fish in the cooks river near the airport with a hook and about 20m of fluro green line trailing behind it, let me know.

Sat arvo, the missus changes our plans for Sunday and the morning is free. So, excited about my new find, I'm back at it again. Not quite the excitement of the previous morning, but another 4 bream. I'm happy catching anything, so it is all good.

The one thing that did peeve me off on Sun morning was the moron on the boat who had the whole freakin river to himself, but decided that right where I had my lines in would be a great place to flick SP's. FFS!!! I know the river is there to share, but seriously.

Anyway, all fun and games. My mate is coming down from he bush this week and were hitting some spots this weekend. Hopefully the weather lightens up a bit. Tight lines everyone.

Cheers

Hodgo

post-35567-0-79434500-1454322274_thumb.jpg