The Entrance nearly back to normal

Stapo

Yes the water level has dropped but it's still murky on the run out tide. Takes weeks for this to clean up after a flood.

On the run in tide it's a lot better and depending on the size of the the tide the clean water nearly reaches Pelican Island.

Hasn't put the fishing off though. Plenty of flathead and prawns.

Got these prawns last week and looking forward to a good run this weekend.

ab820c84edf60d151d16215e4992e325.jpg

The flathead are a good size and plenty of reports of good catches. Dwayne (pictured) and I bagged out on Sunday all with soft plastic lures.

7bda26e5f8e43d00becb8530a2585215.jpg

Hopefully we'll get some more good weather and the fishing stays the same.

Cheers

Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stapo,

You could feed a lot of us Fishraiders, prawns as an entrée and flattie fillets for mains. I will even take a desert to your joint. :074:

Good work. Looks like a mix of school prawns and small eastern king prawns.

Stapo,

You could feed a lot of us Fishraiders, prawns as an entrée and flattie fillets for mains. I will even take a desert to your joint. :074:

Good work. Looks like a mix of school prawns and small eastern king prawns.

Yes well done yowie eastern King are the darker colour and school prawns the light colour. There were a few greasie backs as well. 792a363a3b690a860033f8b774a72c7a.jpg

Great catch mate! I just have a question for you. How do you keep your prawns in between catching and cooking them? I've heard that they should be either kept alive or put straight on ice, but not allowed to expire in a bucket of water. Is this true?

Envious! Well done Stapo. I love catching flatties with sp's...great fun. Prawning???I've never tried it but believe it's great fun too, especially if they're running. Keep up the good work. In the meantime I'm heading to the Murrumbidgee. LOL. Neil

Great catch mate! I just have a question for you. How do you keep your prawns in between catching and cooking them? I've heard that they should be either kept alive or put straight on ice, but not allowed to expire in a bucket of water. Is this true?

No I don't go to too much trouble. I leave them in the bucket then drown them in fresh water as I live near the lake. If I wanted to cook them the next day I'll leave in the bucket in the fridge with no water. If I want to freeze them. Fill a container to 3/4 then fresh water ( no salt ) put a lid on.

c92c438bbb21f51d7c685ac9e79df3e5.jpg

If I have leftovers I'll peel them then vacuum deal with rice and sweet and sour sauce or curry for an instant meal

c1134ea5b04ec0b0c856b83aeda7e035.jpg

Steve back into action!!!! Is the water level back to ankle height now? Last time we met it was a chest level lol.

Yes papa a lot better than the last time you came down mate.

Nice haul mate......

I'm finally getting a chance to take the boat out on Saturday with my young fella.

I'll be happy with just one of those flatties... my young bloke might catch a couple but no doubt, but I'll end up with donuts again like I always do when I take him out!!

Hey Stevo,

Typical haul of prawns for you, nice work.

Good catch of lizards also mate, Dwayne looks happy.

See you soon, I'm keen to sit and watch a float for a while.

Rut

Hi Bruce.

Weed a bit hard to find at the moment. But won't be long mate.

Steve one question are there any bull shark in the lake??? Was tempting to give Georges river ago but a mate said there are sharks around lol...

Quite possible. The pros have caught a few over the years. I've only seen one small shark in 50 years. But anything is possible.

We went right around the Entrance area on the weekend as Dwayne got a new sounder in his boat. The deepest spot was 2 metres. But there are reports of deeper holes in the top lake.

No I don't go to too much trouble. I leave them in the bucket then drown them in fresh water as I live near the lake. If I wanted to cook them the next day I'll leave in the bucket in the fridge with no water. If I want to freeze them. Fill a container to 3/4 then fresh water ( no salt ) put a lid on.

c92c438bbb21f51d7c685ac9e79df3e5.jpg

If I have leftovers I'll peel them then vacuum deal with rice and sweet and sour sauce or curry for an instant meal

c1134ea5b04ec0b0c856b83aeda7e035.jpg

Thanks for the info mate. Sometimes I hear things that have been passed along from mate to mate and I wonder how much truth is left in them.

Cheers

Waz

Well done Steve nice to see a good haul after a few quieter weeks all-round.

Had a couple of throws over the last two weeks in Lake Mac however the Phosphorus of a night has been terrible.

Thanks mate.

I've heard the squid up that way has been unreal.

Thanks mate.

I've heard the squid up that way has been unreal.

Yeah they have been good for a while now, not in great numbers for me yet still consistent (land based) but they guys in the tinny's are having a ball!

All I need is a few to throw out for a jew while I play around in the shallows with the bread & butter species (still yet to land a jew in the lake - plenty of them around too apparently). Lol