Hand held Portable Jump starter's size of an IPHONE 6

HookemDano

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone owns a portable jump starter that would be able to jump start at minimum a 50 horsepower outboard?

And if so do you recommend them? (as in do they do what they say they can do?)

I have been thinking about getting the HYPER PS for around $55 (which is multi functional)

Hi,

I have a similar device but I have never had the opportunity to use it to start anything. I bought it mainly because I was interested in the technology and perhaps as an emergency unit on the boat.

Looking at the specs (the maximum deliverable current and the Ampere Hour Rating) in theory it should be able to start your 50 hp outboard without a problem. In fact quite a few times but I would be cautious regarding its use.

Take a look at the warnings in this ebay ad. The re seller puts a lot more restrictions on the use of the battery than the ads on TV do.

Cheers

Jim

Hi, I have a mini jump starter in my boat full time. I haven't had to use it yet but I know this one I have is capable of starting a chev v8 ski boat WITH NO BATTERY CONNECTED. So yeh they would start your 50 no dramas. Pm and I can point you in a direction to get a good one not a junk eBay one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We bought some samples out, I narrowed down to a professional company, and visited the factory.....the 3 units we had, we were all very impressed with.

The larger 12V unit started a V8 commodore up in the street that the battery was dead on. We also started the 2.5l diesel triton up 6 times with the main battery disconnected.....the smaller amp capacity unit would not even look at the Triton.

I went no further, as our MOQ to import was 1000 pieces, basically I wasn't prepared to tie up that much cash into one inventory item, and have to market a product that really isn't core business for us.

Yes they work, advice.....buy from a reputable company and ensure the ah is as high as possible

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hi guys i bought the mini jump starter at the easter show 2 years ago on the 1st attempt to start my mates 70hp 2 stroke merc at the ramp the positive lead melted in halve so i saw the guy at the next show and he gave me a new set of leads for free which was nice of him.my girlfriends sister was over and i wasnt home she had a flat battery at my house ,they called me at work and i said go down the garage and get the mini jump starter and follow the instuctions ,they assured me they did put positive on positive and neg on neg.well long story short the thing went up in a big blaze of smoke i will try and find pic and post it it ended up a melted ravel of plastic and scared the sh t

out of them ,that is my experince with them so do your homework theres alot of reading on the net about all brands and a few melt downs on youtube cheers dunc 333

I just bought one from Jaycar at around $100.00 its an expensive iphone charger at least.

I'll try it on my car and if it works bonus

they do seem to be good quaility. I bought it for my trackbike it doesnt get started much so dead batterys are a common thing it should start a 900cc motorbike. well im hoping

I bought a mini jump starter from a boat show a few years ago. At the time,a 400cca pack was the strongest available, but there are stronger units available now. I think I paid around $130 at the time. I've only ever used it to help others out so far on a 25hp and 40hp outboards and a 3.0l diesel triton. Charged phones, ipads etc aswell. Definitely a handy to have, & takes up next to no room on the boat or car. Sounds obvious, but I make sure that it is fully charged before I hook the boat up.

In the fair dinkum dept you can't go past this one. Take a look at the Antigravity Batteries Micro-Start Model XP-1. They are not the cheapest but are great quality, come with all sorts of accessories to power up phones, computers, any 12v device like your radio etc. Expect to pay around $200 and worth every cent. This power pack has saved the day for me plenty of times.They are available from MCA warehouses around Sydney.

My two cents worth.

I've got the PowerAll mini battery pack. Works fine, have started a V8, and two small 4 cylinders and still had plenty off power left in it. I charge it every 3 months even if I don't use it (as per-instructions) for maximum life performance. Great little unit, got it on special at a car shop which starts with R and ends with O. It is a bit bigger than iphone 6 though.

Edited by General Zod