Gummy shark

bezz711

Hi raiders!

Decided to hit my favorite reef recently and it started off slow then decided to send a big flesh bait out this way the pickers would take some time to demolish

Well it paid off! Rod went ballistic at first I was thinking snapper probably my biggest by far but soon as it can to the boat I noticed it was a shark! A gummy shark

Good fun!post-21569-0-28117900-1458603822_thumb.jpeg

Well done that's a decent Gummy!

I caught a few about a month back and some fellow raiders gave me an awesome tip of freezing pieces for about a month to improve the taste.

This worked a treat, the piece I had the other night was so good that I'll be chasing them again on my next trip!

Cheers, James.

Great catch mate :clapping:

Nice gummy. Any idea where the best spots to chase these land-based would be?

nice catch mate

Well done that's a decent Gummy!

I caught a few about a month back and some fellow raiders gave me an awesome tip of freezing pieces for about a month to improve the taste.

This worked a treat, the piece I had the other night was so good that I'll be chasing them again on my next trip!

Cheers, James.

Nice job Bezz. Did you get a measure?

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Thanks guys it went about 1.2m

And best advise I have for eating is to bleed and gut straight then straight into ice few days in the freezer then enjoy!

And for targeting I usually do well on reef so if land based would recommend off rocks in thick reef or near reef as I found these places most productive!

best advise I have for eating is to bleed and gut straight away

I agree. Bleed instantly. Cut under the throat and back over the side of the boat and hold tight. Followed by a 15 minute wrestle on already stretched arms. I now carry some jumbo zip ties to help tail wrap the Things. I prefer this method over taking the head and tail off while alive or it ends looking like a scene from Carrie.

I agree. Bleed instantly. Cut under the throat and back over the side of the boat and hold tight. Followed by a 15 minute wrestle on already stretched arms. I now carry some jumbo zip ties to help tail wrap the Things. I prefer this method over taking the head and tail off while alive or it ends looking like a scene from Carrie.

I also find cuttings fins off work really well to get rid of ammonia!