Kingfish mayhem!

bezz711

Hey raiders!
Once again planned on going for a fish with my mate!
We headed out from port hacking and plan was to gather live bait and go from there
So yakas and squid in the tank
With conditions looking great decided to punch out got to my spot and started fishing. Within minutes after pumping some burley out I had a hit a nice 35cm snapper then my mate a 37cm snapper
Then my mate had a run thought it was a snapper probably the biggest his ever had after running hard with big head shakes it was a kingfish 70cm then snapper had seem to disappear but the Kings were thick taking baits off the bottom!

Eventually action died out and and only was catching banjo Rays And eels

Top day all Kings went low 70cm smallest was 65

Overall top day! post-21569-0-86939700-1459408129_thumb.jpegpost-21569-0-06982000-1459408147_thumb.jpeg

Edited by swordfisherman

Nice work there bez!

you look familiar though.. i also fish from the hacking.

Here comes a long shot....

Correct me if im wrong but, did you have a pesky seal following you and your mate around last season? (i was the bloke in the other boat with the wife)???

Great catch! Would love to get a few of those in the pan or deep fryer.

Thanks mate!

Make great catches!! Do I mind me asking where about did you fish for the squid? And how far out the hacking were u? We are new and fished inside the bay usually, never been out yet. Look forwards to ur advice

I usually catch most of my squid near that big White House I usually sit at jibbion bomie best tip I have for squid find the bait and there not too far

Nice work there bez!

you look familiar though.. i also fish from the hacking.

Here comes a long shot....

Correct me if im wrong but, did you have a pesky seal following you and your mate around last season? (i was the bloke in the other boat with the wife)???

Yes that's me! I'm the person you are thinking off I see you quite often :)

thought it was you!

yeah, unfortunately i dont get out as much as i have a little 5 month old boy but i used to be out every weekend (as long as conditions were good).

Dont know if you were around last season when this happened but i managed to hook a whale from that spot! (accidentally of course... spooled me!)

Good to see the fish are out there!

Edited by SquidMarks

thought it was you!

yeah, unfortunately i dont get out as much as i have a little 5 month old boy but i used to be out every weekend (as long as conditions were good).

Dont know if you were around last season when this happened but i managed to hook a whale from that spot! (accidentally of course... spooled me!)

Good to see the fish are out there!

I'm sure you will get the chance again I love fishing the hacking!

Those whales are scary especially when close to you're boat