Hawkesbury commercial fishing closure

bookwa

Greetings All,

I was at Brooklyn a few days ago and noticed the posters up regarding the likelyhood of closures coming. The guy in the fish shop said he thought it would be within a year. Anyone have info on this?

cheers

Scratchies correct but its not all good news for the Recreational fisher.

Once the commercial guys are gone then there is nothing to stop them on the next part of their policy. Marine national Parks. (No fishing point blank)

Guest Guest123456789

They can't keep recreational fishos out for too long, we have the numbers, political representation and we spend big $$$. What's the saying "he who has the gold makes the rules"?

Guest Guest123456789

I travel up and down the m1 most days, might start packing a rod if it becomes the next port stephens

There is going to be significant changes coming for both recreational and commercial fishing. The recommendation should not be far away. Us Recreational fishos have the power through numbers I do not fear not having commercial fishing to assist us when push comes to shove politics are about numbers.

There is going to be significant changes coming for both recreational and commercial fishing. The recommendation should not be far away. Us Recreational fishos have the power through numbers I do not fear not having commercial fishing to assist us when push comes to shove politics are about numbers.

They can't keep recreational fishos out for too long, we have the numbers, political representation and we spend big $$$. What's the saying "he who has the gold makes the rules"?

They really listened and took notice when they set up all the other marine parks didn't they. Don't kid yourself.

Your voice has very little impact on our politicians unless you hold the balance of power in the Upper house which at the moments rests with The Greens and the establishment of these marine parks is part of their policy,

On the topic of the Pro's in the Hawkesbury I think it's almost certain that their time will be up in the coming years.

I Just want to add that the marine parks are not all bad news for recreational fishos, whilst inconvenient I think they serve a great purpose.

We need to remember that the population in Australia is constantly rising at a rapid rate unlike our natural resources, I support any reasonable measures to counteract this so that my kids can experience what I've been able to.

It's a bit scary to think whether or not aquaculture can keep up with demand though - we already import massive amounts from overseas!