Ok.....who's been inked?

Scratchie

G'day raiders,

Yesterday we had a few relos up here, so instead of fishing like normal, the boat was used for tubing and sightseeing around the bay. On the way back to the ramp, the boys wanted a quick 30mins fishing, so I said what the heck!

The eldest was throwing around a soft vibe and jagged a decent sized cuttlefish. Upon retrieval to the boat, he lifted it in and the line was spinning and it decided that it was time to let some ink go! It managed to cover all 3 boys onboard but I somehow didn't get touched. Needless to say I nearly fell off the boat in laughter!

post-24974-0-12731100-1460324566_thumb.jpg

post-24974-0-51953900-1460324624_thumb.jpg

So, it got me thinking. How many of you raiders out there have copped a spray of ink? Please feel free to post any photos that you may have!

Cheers scratchie!!!

I have dodged the ink a few times, but the funniest was when a mate was pulling one in and called one of the others in the boat.

As he turned around the squid let fly with ink and covered his face including his grey beard.

P.s best way to clean it is quick and plenty of water.

Especially on cushions and carpet sections.

last squidd session my misses refused to touch or get her own squid out of the water - so i told her i would get her inked (was joking) next squid she got i went to pick it up but paused as my rod buckled at the same time her squid bucked back on the perfect angle - missed me - nailed the missed all over and up into the cab of the boat....

of course to this day i am still blamed that i did it on purpose - hahaha (i really didnt do it on purpose but was so perfect lol)

And too add, what's the best method of removing it from a fibreglass boat?

I can't remember what I used. But try Starbrite Hull Cleaner and then wax and polish.

Goof Off is also a good product to clean fibreglass and won't damage it.

Guilty as charged scratchie. First time my young fella pulled a squid up to the boat, I promptly told him to get out of the way. Stepped in to grab the bugger before it covered me like a pro hart painting. Couldn't stop laughing and the story still gets a run at the pub!

Cheers

Pete

Took a mate out many years ago (Italian background) who wanted to catch a squid (he never caught one before), so he bought himself a squid jig and took it with him. When a big squid turned up, he tossed out the jig and it was grabbed straight away. Before I could say "Don't lift it out of the water just yet" he did that and was blasted all over the face with the ink. His skin was a bit coloured from his Italian background, but with the ink, he turned a shade of black. The ink was all over his face, up his nose, in his eyes, his hair and clothes. And all I could do was laugh.