A mixed bag of reports

Oscarthebeagle

Had a few trips in the last week, so will put all 3 reports here.

Trip 1 Como blackfish Wednesday

Had a heap of chores that needed doing so took Wednesday off work. Heaps to do but still managed a quick trip before breakfast. Decided on my first blackfish trip of the season. Got off to a bad start when I found my rod and remembered I put it away last season with 2 broken runners. Sorted my spare rod, dad had it at his place so now he would meet me at the wharf and I had a companion for the trip.

Arrived at como at first light, things started slow but eventually started getting downs, then heaps of downs mainly small fish but good to see the float going down after a few months away. Ended up with 5 keeping fish, 3 high 39cm and 2 low 30's. Home just in time for a 2 year old to be sick all over themselves in his chair, nothing wrong with him and the fish gave him a welcome distraction.

Trip 2 Sand flathead drift Friday

Needed fish pieces for my little girls party next weekend, so went the easy option of a feed of flathead. Didn't take much to convince dad to come along. Started near jibbon bommie hoping for a kingfish, none around but did manage the welcome bycatch of a couple of nice squid. Went straight out to 40-50m and started drifting. Took about 2 hours to get our bag limit off 20 fish, with a heap of small fish released. Also saw penguins, a seal and the biggest pod of dolphins I have ever seen must of been hundreds of them the pod went for hundreds of meters and took 10 mins to pass the boat.

Trip 3 Woronora Saturday

Had promised the kids a fishing/boat trip and a birthday party at Prince Edward park seemed a good opportunity. Launched the boat at bonnet bay and cruised up to the party. Did the party thing, took our lolly bags and headed off fishing. Not knowing this river to well I picked a likely spot near Woronora bridge anchored up, started a berly trail, cast out some lines and attacked the lolly bags. Bites where consistent and my 4 year was really keen today so she had a blast catching 3 legal bream (2x32 cm) and throwing back another half dozen undersize bream. All fish fought hard on her little 2kg rod, and she looked a treat in sparkly party dress and life jacket fighting her fish. Over this summer she has really grasped the technique of pump and wind, now we needed to work on following the fish as it swims around the boat. 2 year old didn't want to fish he was just happy breaking up bread and feeding it to the fish. Beautiful afternoon on the river and off the water just before dark.

Thanks for readingpost-33784-0-57063700-1462740164_thumb.jpgpost-33784-0-91451000-1462740190_thumb.jpgpost-33784-0-21443400-1462740213_thumb.jpgpost-33784-0-57063700-1462740164_thumb.jpg

Edited by Oscarthebeagle

I'm sitting at home with steady rain outside and myself dying from "man flu". So as I sit here at the PC wrapped in a doona, your report immediately brings a smile to my face. Well done on being a good employee (going fishing instead of working), a good fisherman (scoring on 3 separate outings) and a good parent (for taking the kids fishing). I should probably add a Good Fishraider (for providing me with a bit of relief from the lurgy. Cheers and thankyou.

This site needs a "Like" Button for posts like that. Sounds like a great week, fishing with both your Dad and your Kids. Perfect.

Its got one and called REPLY....If you want likes do your hair and look in the mirror :whistling:

GordoRetired,

Firstly thank you for contributing to the site. This along with everyone's feedback helps keep this site so dynamic and well loved (IMHO).

The Like Button question has been raised quite a bit and there has been quite a bit of spirited discussion and feedback. I believe Swordfisherman's reply is referring to a point in that conversation that others also support.

That point is that a simple Like button would lead to a lot of casual comment without context or engagement. That is not to say that all who 'like' a post are lacking interest or valuable thoughts, but by just like-ing a post none of the other members hear that context.

The contra view is that the site would prefer to encourage members to make a more substantial contribution than just a like. Just a short sentence does convey a lot more information, as did your original reply.

Thanks, Brad

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk