Port Stephens (flatty)

Scratchie

G'day raiders,

Had to make the most of the beautiful weather today. So after sporting commitments, hooked up the boat and straight to soldiers point ramp. I found a spot close to the ramp as I was waiting for fellow raider (crazed@bonito) to meet up. Whilst I waited, scratchie jnr and I threw around some sp's and I managed a few nice flatties. We met up and chris had hired a boat and wanted to get his first flatty on a sp. so I got him to follow me to a new spot around the other side but the wind was affecting our drift, so we went back to the place I started at. I scored another nice flatty as I showed chris what drift to take and prove they were about. After a while I left him to it and went to chase some jew but no luck there. With the sun fading, jnr wanted to get a flatty himself, so we went back to that spot and sure enough he managed to land a nice one! All up, caught 7 and kept 4 for a feed.

Beautiful afternoon out there and great to meet up with yet another raider!

post-24974-0-31934400-1463214380_thumb.jpg

post-24974-0-81968500-1463214622_thumb.jpg

post-24974-0-13259900-1463214738_thumb.jpg

post-24974-0-09431900-1463214891_thumb.jpg

Thanks for reading,

Cheers scratchie!!!

SCRATCHIEE YOU ARE A LEGEND !!!!!.. top bloke.. anyone that needs help to catch fish on SP Scratchiee is ur man... thanks heaps for today .. the wifey and the others had bites on had reels but cant land lols... ill be up again soon hopely to catch up again with u Scratchiee. .

Cheers guys!

Perfect day to go back to basics and flick for flatty. I forgot how relaxing that type of fishing is.

I was using 1/8 2/0# jig and 100mm bloodworm wriggler and 80 fish/drop bear.

Looking forward to tonight's dinner!

I love that style of fishing (drifting for flatties). Pity it's so far away. Fishing out here is to be renamed after a card game: PATIENCE. Something I'm running out of.

Well done Scratchie for putting the "hard yards " in for a fellow Raider and good to see you scored a nice feed, too.Cheers, Big Neil

I love that style of fishing (drifting for flatties). Pity it's so far away. Fishing out here is to be renamed after a card game: PATIENCE. Something I'm running out of.

Well done Scratchie for putting the "hard yards " in for a fellow Raider and good to see you scored a nice feed, too.Cheers, Big Neil

Up here your at the mercy of the wind and tide, not rain and water levels. Yesterday was perfect for drifting in shallow water chasing the humble flathead. And didn't they whack our lures. Nearly got chaffed off a few times. Good netting skills by jnr though!

G'day raiders,

Had to make the most of the beautiful weather today. So after sporting commitments, hooked up the boat and straight to soldiers point ramp. I found a spot close to the ramp as I was waiting for fellow raider (crazed@bonito) to meet up. Whilst I waited, scratchie jnr and I threw around some sp's and I managed a few nice flatties. We met up and chris had hired a boat and wanted to get his first flatty on a sp. so I got him to follow me to a new spot around the other side but the wind was affecting our drift, so we went back to the place I started at. I scored another nice flatty as I showed chris what drift to take and prove they were about. After a while I left him to it and went to chase some jew but no luck there. With the sun fading, jnr wanted to get a flatty himself, so we went back to that spot and sure enough he managed to land a nice one! All up, caught 7 and kept 4 for a feed.

Beautiful afternoon out there and great to meet up with yet another raider!

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Thanks for reading,

Cheers scratchie!!!

nice couple of flattys there Scratchie and Guess what, Im coming up for the June long weekend with my wife, just to relax and go to resturants

Good stuff there Team Scratch...some nice lizards there.... Same spot Todd got his 60 cm between the markers? Hopefully see u in a couple of weeks , love the drift n flick!

Good stuff there Team Scratch...some nice lizards there.... Same spot Todd got his 60 cm between the markers? Hopefully see u in a couple of weeks , love the drift n flick!

Cheers Craig! No mate, different spot! There's plenty to choose from up here!