Need some fishing tips (landbase)

Howe

Hello fishraiders,

I just got back from fishing at the entrance, caught around 20 bream however all undersize (all released back to the water). I saw these guys fishing on the wharf and they have a different set up, they had floaters and caught a lot of legal size fish. I was wondering what is this set up? so its a float tied to a swivel then to a line, finally a hook? If so how far do you cast it? I saw the floater near the wharf. My set up is mainline with a size 3 bead sinker to a swivel and then a line tied to a hook with some prawn as bait.

I've always catch legal size fish and I'm really fed up :(. I've always see other people catching legal size fish and I've always seen tailors jumping out of the water taunting me :(.

Please give me some guidance and set up.

Thank you. Howe.

Hello fishraiders,

I just got back from fishing at the entrance, caught around 20 bream however all undersize (all released back to the water). I saw these guys fishing on the wharf and they have a different set up, they had floaters and caught a lot of legal size fish. I was wondering what is this set up? so its a float tied to a swivel then to a line, finally a hook? If so how far do you cast it? I saw the floater near the wharf. My set up is mainline with a size 3 bead sinker to a swivel and then a line tied to a hook with some prawn as bait.

I've always catch legal size fish and I'm really fed up :(. I've always see other people catching legal size fish and I've always seen tailors jumping out of the water taunting me :(.

Please give me some guidance and set up.

Thank you. Howe.

I'm exactly like you buddy.... Every time I catch a fish it's always just under legal size. I wonder what are they doing that's different

I'm exactly like you buddy.... Every time I catch a fish it's always just under legal size. I wonder what are they doing that's different

Like do they cast their floater out? I see their floater near the wharf. Like i get super jealous :(, everytime i go fishing i either catch no fish or under size fish. I use school prawns.

I wonder if they still put on a sinker after the floater?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Legit this one time i saw this guy catching mullet at hawkesbury river station. He used bread and a floater, he didnt even cast out just dropped it line to the water and out comes 10 legal size mullet.

Suspend bait about 1 m below the surface with a float.

Just use styrofoam you don't have to buy a float.

The float should not be free running.

You won't feel bites. You have to watch the float.

It will Bob under as fish bite it...

Use a breadcrumb, flour dough (for mullet)

Not sure about bream...

You could try unweighted peeled prawns or pillies

Suspend bait about 1 m below the surface with a float.

Just use styrofoam you don't have to buy a float.

The float should not be free running.

You won't feel bites. You have to watch the float.

It will Bob under as fish bite it...

Use a breadcrumb, flour dough (for mullet)

Not sure about bream...

You could try unweighted peeled prawns or pillies

So when the float bob under do i yank it as i do usually?

Well some times it Bobs under as little bites happen, but as soon as it takes off under, then set the hook..

1 m is what I used to use in George's river for mullet.

I guess take a look at the guys next to you, and use that depth?

Have a small weight at the end of the line and a hook about 20 cm above I suppose.

You could use two hooks so you are getting two depths