Flathead for dinner

danmac

Hi Raiders, great weather for another fish so out early to watch sun rise last Saturday morning.

Another good day with soft plastics across shallow sand flats, can't remember the last time had bait on a hook.

Picked up 4 nice flathead 40-45cm all on 1 plastic in first 2 hours and home by 10am.

Fillets in flour and butter in BBQ for dinner, bottle of white wine, not bad at all.

Regards

Danmac

post-6363-0-91574700-1463966891_thumb.jpg

post-6363-0-02110000-1463966982_thumb.jpg

post-6363-0-59527100-1463967020_thumb.jpg

Thanks for replies raiders. I have been testing sand flats from Como to mouth at sans souci for the past few months. Trying to match turn of tides and bar pressures with some luck. Generally fish and return all catches but these were nice and fat.

Cooking flathead so easy. Clean and filet and remove bone line. Toss in flour and lay on baking tray and baking paper with butter. Put in hot BBQ hood down and turn once. Cook until it starts to flake apart.

Trying again this weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there, great fish.

When you say matching bar pressure to the tide, what did you mean by bar pressure.

Having two kids means I generally only get an hour or two the moment so I need to maximise my chances!!

Cheers