Wisemans Saturday night with my son

tide'n'knots

gday raiders , i went fishing on saturday night with my son paul and we had a great night together.
we arrived at the ramp around 2pm for a turn of the tide around 4pm and we didnt have to wait too long before we got results! around 3pm Pauls rod baited with peeled prawn buckled and screamed off.
Its been about 18 yrs since paul has caught a decent jewfish and he handled it like a seasoned pro. About 10 mins later i netted a nice 88cm jew and it was high fives all around! unfortunately i video'd his capture but couldnt get it to download. :mad3: About half an hour after dark one of my rods screamed off baited with chicken marinated in aniseed and parmesan and i landed a nice 74cm model. Throughout the night we caught about 15 or 20 bream flathead and undersize jewfish and the pleasing part was that quite a few of the jewfish were up around 50 or 60 cm and they have definately become a more frequent catch at that size since they upped the size limit to 70cm so it has been a success in my opinion and should only get better now that they have a chance to reach sexual maturity. About 2.30 am i managed another 74cm model that looked like the previous ones twin!
i took a pic with the yellow torch so i can submit the catch for catch of the month but i have no idea how to download the report and pics into that section? maybe a mod could help out please?
Cheers pete

post-25384-0-13702800-1464179970_thumb.jpg

post-25384-0-23991600-1464179977_thumb.jpg

post-25384-0-83328800-1464179980_thumb.jpg

post-25384-0-10604200-1464179984_thumb.jpg

Edited by nbdshroom
Rotating photos.

Well done Pete and son on a very substantial bag of mixed species. Can I ask you a question that I've asked several times, but had no reply. What do you use in the pitch dark to indicate that you have a bite on a particular rod...or is the boat lit up enough to see all the rods? Cheers, Neil.

Well done Pete and son on a very substantial bag of mixed species. Can I ask you a question that I've asked several times, but had no reply. What do you use in the pitch dark to indicate that you have a bite on a particular rod...or is the boat lit up enough to see all the rods? Cheers, Neil.

G'day mate the masthead light is ample light to see a bite on the rod .... I also paint the rod tips white or wrap white insulation tape around it and with the light shining on it against a black sky they stand out like neons !

Pete

well done Pete and Paul.

sounds like wisemans is the place to be at the moment. some nice fish caught by you both.

Regards,

Nathan

G'day Nathan

Yeah mate I think the Jew have been waiting for the weather to get a bit colder and it finally has! Just got home from another night with my mate joe last night and joe busted up on a decent fish and we managed 6 bream all crackers including one 43cm!

You can also buy glow in the dark tape from office works

Great Report mate! and nice catch! the weather have been cold and on my last 2 outing. we resulted in nothing but undersize fish... if you dont mind me asking. where about did you fished? for such a productive night:)

G'day mate the masthead light is ample light to see a bite on the rod .... I also paint the rod tips white or wrap white insulation tape around it and with the light shining on it against a black sky they stand out like neons !

Pete

Many thanks Pete. I use clip on bells when I fish the river (from the bank), as it needs to be dark to get the fish to bite. Cheers, Neil

Great Report mate! and nice catch! the weather have been cold and on my last 2 outing. we resulted in nothing but undersize fish... if you dont mind me asking. where about did you fished? for such a productive night:)

PM sent

gday raiders , i went fishing on saturday night with my son paul and we had a great night together.

we arrived at the ramp around 2pm for a turn of the tide around 4pm and we didnt have to wait too long before we got results! around 3pm Pauls rod baited with peeled prawn buckled and screamed off.

Its been about 18 yrs since paul has caught a decent jewfish and he handled it like a seasoned pro. About 10 mins later i netted a nice 88cm jew and it was high fives all around! unfortunately i video'd his capture but couldnt get it to download. :mad3: About half an hour after dark one of my rods screamed off baited with chicken marinated in aniseed and parmesan and i landed a nice 74cm model. Throughout the night we caught about 15 or 20 bream flathead and undersize jewfish and the pleasing part was that quite a few of the jewfish were up around 50 or 60 cm and they have definately become a more frequent catch at that size since they upped the size limit to 70cm so it has been a success in my opinion and should only get better now that they have a chance to reach sexual maturity. About 2.30 am i managed another 74cm model that looked like the previous ones twin!

i took a pic with the yellow torch so i can submit the catch for catch of the month but i have no idea how to download the report and pics into that section? maybe a mod could help out please?

Cheers pete

attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

Nice Catch Pete , you still have that touch I see