Blackfishing with Stapo

fredflathead

Got a message from Steve that the blackfish were on.

Had the best two days fishing with a lot of help and advice from Steve and Tim. Over the two days I managed to land one and one broke off.

Steve and Tim bagged out after about 2 hours and fished for pleasure,they catch and release their fish however Steve felt sorry and gave me his fish. This Entrance group of prawners and fisherman are a funny crowd.

Huey turned up and made me feel at ease his lost a float caught about 2 fish which was what had happened to me.

After Steve had fished he then gave me his rod and stood alongside and instructed me what to do I had a couple downs and one I got to take and lost him about 10ft from the edge.You could not ask for better advice than this,how to bait the weed, where the stopper should be and what hook size.

Sorry no photos don't know how to download from phone

Thanks to Steve and Tim.

2c72458ab9b2019b1a1d29a7a365dc6e.jpg

Thanks norm. Done my best to help. But we had a good day you met Marty and his jokes Dwayne Tim Marvin was there Hew Freddy the usual gang. You had some bad luck with your gear but we all get that sometimes.

It's different fishing on the wall lots of casting. Tangles. Other floats in front of you. The wind effects the line. It's a different setup and getting that bait right makes a big difference.

Anyway we had fun and you had to clean them. Next time

Cheers Steve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great report! Steve is an absolute champion and is always willing to help. He put aside his fishing to rig my sons rod when I was there. True Fishraider spirit!

Cheers scratchie!!!

Thanks Jeff.

Had a great time. I have found a blackfish rod one piece Steve at the Store I was talking about his has the last so I can have it for $100.

It is a Wilson however don't think it is a live fiber it is 10ft 6, I am looking at it tomorrow so what out next time. Will be practicing baiting the weed some material like weed (the wife does a lot knitting). I will have a look at getting the floating line.

Had a great time. I have found a blackfish rod one piece Steve at the Store I was talking about his has the last so I can have it for $100.

It is a Wilson however don't think it is a live fiber it is 10ft 6, I am looking at it tomorrow so what out next time. Will be practicing baiting the weed some material like weed (the wife does a lot knitting). I will have a look at getting the floating line.

The price sounds ok norm. As long as your happy with it mate.

Nice Fishing boys.... it would be good to catch up with you steve

Yeah mate. You know where to find me. Rain or sunshine I'll be there.

Was nice to see you on the water again Norm. In the end I did catch 7 of them on both Saturday and Sunday hehe. Thanks to Steve and Tim for topping my bag up each time. 4b8101f9133755ef02b3c5612e081322.jpg

4df76941365322c4ab5315cf2b35aecd.jpg

Huy

Edited by gonefishinginoz