Port Stephens this morning!

Scratchie

G'day raiders,

Woke up this morning and looked outside to see a beautiful glass out and overcast conditions. Now I'm truly blessed, as I can see my favourite fishing spot from my lounge chair!

post-24974-0-60662600-1467675639_thumb.jpg

With whales going aerial in the background and my morning coffee taking affect, I thought bugger it I'm going fishing for a few hours! Just as I was about to walk out the back door, the fun police awoke and said "don't forget I'm working and you've got to mind some friends kids at 9am". Bugger!!! "Alright, I'll be back in an hour".

So I reduced the tackle bag and walked down with only 2 jig heads and 2 sp's!

Casted a few times and come up tight. Good fish, good fish and yes what I wanted, a nice snapper! Get it to the rocks and looks about 50cm, nice panny! Start to lift it up using the swell and the fish takes one more run and under the ledge, pop! Leader breaks! Grrrr, I have a few choice words to myself and re-rig and notice I only have half a foot of leader left. A few more casts and I'm on again. Definately a different fish and then I see it go arial, nice sambo! This time I don't make the same mistake and manage to bring it up for a quick photo and back it went! (Tried to get the whale in background but I'm hopeless at selfies)

post-24974-0-85120400-1467676120_thumb.jpg

post-24974-0-06719700-1467676229_thumb.jpg

Anyway, a few more casts and I packed up to make my deadline. I then realised I needed bread for brekky, so in the car and off to the shops and back home all within the hour!

I love Port stephens!!!

Thanks for reading,

Cheers scratchie!!!

P.s wife is home this arvo, so I might get a quick flick in before this front comes over :)

All in an hours work!

Nice catch, but I reckon the snapper would've been a much nicer take home than that cat food!

Cheers,

Wellzy

cheers, the snapper would have definitely made it home for lunch. The salmon, well I don't like our cat anyway! so back he went :)

I love that place as well. maybe one day I will live there :)

Great report as usual

Thanks basil. gees if you moved up here, between us both there would be a few nervous snapper! lol :)

What a life Scratchie, half yer luck. Looking fwd to this arvos report. Cheers.

Truly blessed to live here! I don't want to wish my life away but retirement will be exciting! Hopefully I'm allowed out this arvo, after all I just spent 4 days on the Hawkesbury!

cheers, the snapper would have definitely made it home for lunch. The salmon, well I don't like our cat anyway! so back he went :)

Thanks basil. gees if you moved up here, between us both there would be a few nervous snapper! lol :)

Truly blessed to live here! I don't want to wish my life away but retirement will be exciting! Hopefully I'm allowed out this arvo, after all I just spent 4 days on the Hawkesbury!

wouldnt mind that all , maybe I should come up for a fishing weekend

I grew up in Beresfield and have fished that spot a few times with some Anna Bay locals. You are in a very special part of the world Scratchie!! Well done.....

Dave

Cheers Dave! I used to be an Anna Bay local but had to move around the corner! A shame the BFT don't get this far up!

lucky bastard!

Here's hoping we get s Port Stephens social so we can all get a taste of that!

That would be great! If not, there's always the trailer boat tournament that sponsors our site each year!

Arvo session cancelled. It's raining and blowing 15kts! Grrrrrrr. Oh well, there's always tomorrow! :)

Arvo session cancelled. It's raining and blowing 15kts! Grrrrrrr. Oh well, there's always tomorrow! :)

Steve wasn't up your way doing a rain dance on that headland?

Your have been giving him a ribbing.

JD

Too easy bud , U have mentioned that spot , I gotta give it a flick too next time in there ....unlucky about the panny, but hard yakka landing from the stones ... I managed to bag a few big squid LB out of the hacking the other day, plenty of snapper baits ready to go when I get up there hopefully soon ! Keep the reports coming bro

Guest 4myson

That's what i like to hear ...fishing straight for 4 days during the social & then you can't wait to get home to WET a line !!!! ......LOL......

Yep Always love going to Port Stephens,Will have to try and get there soon.

Might have to book in for Scratchie & Sons guided fishing tour. Ive heard they get good results.

Yep Always love going to Port Stephens,Will have to try and get there soon.

Might have to book in for Scratchie & Sons guided fishing tour. Ive heard they get good results.

Thanks guys!

Cheers deano! Anytime your up this way mate drop me a line!

Always need an excuse to go fishing! :)