MIDDLE HARBOUR JEWIES

KingieRun

Hi Raiders,

I was just curious about the fishing around middle harbour. I am quite new to fishing middle harbour and I was just wondering if anyone had any spots up their sleeves that they wouldn't mind sharing ;). I have tried drifting through the spit with an SP slowing drifting down but had no luck! I have tried the buoys each side of the spit but had no luck. I don't really know the best way to approach fishing for jews whether it be lures, bait, etc.

Any help is appreciated!

Regards,

KingieRun

Edited by KingieRun

I don't fish the harbour that often but look for deeper holes and work your plastic there. Maybe get some soft vibes, I hear they are dynamite on Jews.

Maybe throw out a fillet or a butterflied yakka while you work the plastic

Also make sure you fish the tide changes

Hope that helps

They're there, but I don't know exactly where I'm afraid. I've heard whispers of hidey-holes around Seaforth, but not sure.

Middle Harbour is so deep and full of holes that the hard yards have to be put in to find them, or so I've heard.

Hey Mate the bait grounds on the southern side of the spit holds jews. Been getting a few smaller ones nail the bait jigs lately. Or you could try the drop off that is basically inline with the 4Knot sign on the northern shore, fish it at the end of a run in tide. Try and find bait on the sounder then work the area. If you have a GPS on your boat you can see the holes on the map (some times not accurate) or you can get Navionics charts on your smart phone. As mentioned above soft vibes are gun on jew but try change out the trebles to good solid single hooks as the ones that come with most of the vides bend out on a good fish plus kill pritty much all of your bye catch.

Good luck

Hey Mate the bait grounds on the southern side of the spit holds jews. Been getting a few smaller ones nail the bait jigs lately. Or you could try the drop off that is basically inline with the 4Knot sign on the northern shore, fish it at the end of a run in tide. Try and find bait on the sounder then work the area. If you have a GPS on your boat you can see the holes on the map (some times not accurate) or you can get Navionics charts on your smart phone. As mentioned above soft vibes are gun on jew but try change out the trebles to good solid single hooks as the ones that come with most of the vides bend out on a good fish plus kill pritty much all of your bye catch.

Good luck

Thanks Mate!

I was just wondering, would you anchor off right near the bridge on top of the eddies or just drift through?

Edited by KingieRun