Birthday Mulloway. Three caught in within 10 minutes.

campr

Went fishing Thursday night hoping for fresh fish to feed the family on Good Friday.  Had to wait for a mate to get home from work so didn't launch onto Georges River until 7pm.  Fished until Midnight with only a couple of flathead and shovelnose caught.  I announced my birthday and told my 2 mates that I want to see a jewey come on board as a present.  2 minutes later my mate hooks up and I net his 90cm jewie.  Before he can get fish out of the net my other mate hooks up.  Within a minute I hook up too and we have a rare double hook up on mulloway.  His goes 88cm and mine 92cm.  BAGGED OUT.  Obviously a school had arrived and we had to try again.  Mate who caught 1st fish hooks up 30 mins later and I  net a 111cm fish that we quickly unhook and release.   Now 1pm and we are pumped but too tired to continue so we pack up and 3 happy fishoes head home with good Friday sorted..

My phone has died and will try to attach a photo which I  took on an old phone.    Ron 

• Like 14

2 hours ago, campr said:

Went fishing Thursday night hoping for fresh fish to feed the family on Good Friday.  Had to wait for a mate to get home from work so didn't launch onto Georges River until 7pm.  Fished until Midnight with only a couple of flathead and shovelnose caught.  I announced my birthday and told my 2 mates that I want to see a jewey come on board as a present.  2 minutes later my mate hooks up and I net his 90cm jewie.  Before he can get fish out of the net my other mate hooks up.  Within a minute I hook up too and we have a rare double hook up on mulloway.  His goes 88cm and mine 92cm.  BAGGED OUT.  Obviously a school had arrived and we had to try again.  Mate who caught 1st fish hooks up 30 mins later and I  net a 111cm fish that we quickly unhook and release.   Now 1pm and we are pumped but too tired to continue so we pack up and 3 happy fishoes head home with good Friday sorted..

My phone has died and will try to attach a photo which I  took on an old phone.    Ron 

Happy birthday Ron. Now that's the best birthday gift you could expect to be fulfilled. A very rare occurrence to catch 4 monster Jewies in one outing. Well done. bn