Browns Sunday 28th August

Captain Spanner

Just a quick report. We fished Browns today and it was pretty rough on the way out, lumpy out there and rough on the way home. We got 3 good gemmies and 1 small one. We got home a bit after lunch. Sorry no pics, I don't have any on my phone. Heard scattered reports of tuna a bit wider over the radio but no details or confirmed fish.

I was out there too on Sunday. Was in my 5.3 Haines and it was pretty lumpy ...

We got zeros and to make matters worse, lost 2 sets of my deep drop rigs and 250m of line :(

Sorry to hear about the rigs and line. We were in a 6.5 Haines so life would have been a little easier for us backing in to the slop to keep the line straight. We still lost 2 sinkers and got caught up on someone's old braid which damaged our rig and leader but we got all of our hooks back.

I have been out a few times and found the fishing fairly quiet and the Gemmies on the small size. I might give it one more shot before the Gemfish disappear.

You always manage a few demondes! But I have to agree on the small side.

Losing gear, well that's part of fishing browns especially when other boats have 1000m of line out for some reason??? :)

Whats the best time for blue eye out there?

Its just pot luck which species you get dropping down and the cooler months seem best. We got 4 real good gemmies on Wednesday and got sharked twice before we got our limit and left.