Safety gear prep

tackleberry

Safety gear prep is often overlooked on small boats so now that i'm back on the water

and especially in the big paddock (off shore) i figured i would put together a strong tube

for my epirb and flares plus i made it big enough to fit other stuff in like spare battery's

for torches and a VHF hand held as backup .

and because it is in a small boat i lined it with closed cell foam to absorb the shock from

inevitable pounding we get out there in a tinny , so i got some 6 inch pipe end cap and the

threaded end the glue i had from a previous project for stainless steel wet tumbling .

anyway here are some pics .

post-38527-0-35494600-1473417548_thumb.jpg

post-38527-0-46882600-1473417550_thumb.jpg

post-38527-0-42516500-1473417551_thumb.jpg

Edited by tackleberry

Safety gear prep is often overlooked on small boats so now that i'm back on the water

and especially in the big paddock (off shore) i figured i wold but together a strong tube

for my epirb and flares plus i made it big enough to fit other stuff in like spear battery's

for torches and a VHF hand held as backup .

and because it is in a small boat i lined it with closed cell foam to absorb the shock from

inevitable pounding we get out there in a tinny , so i got some 6 inch pipe end cap and the

threaded end the glue i had from a previous project for stainless steel wet tumbling .

anyway here are some pics .

attachicon.gifIMG_3071 (Medium).JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_3072 (Medium).JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_3073 (Medium).JPG

Nice. Where did you get the foam from? Any plans to add a grab handle ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice. Where did you get the foam from? Any plans to add a grab handle ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gave that a thought for a while but it would probably get busted off as i go out in some pretty rough conditions

at times .

and the foam came from kmart they sell 2 types one a camping mat and a yoga mat funny thing is the yoga mat

is $4 dearer and they are the same haha . i use this stuff for a lot of things for $7 bucks it's handy to have around .

Edited by tackleberry