Your favourite forecast site

Raymondo

An app you made? That's cool , care to share it with the rest of us.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Sure thing! Its called "Tides NSW Free" you can download it through the google play store (android devices).

Let me know what you think! (open for feedback/suggestions!)

I initially made it for myself because a few places where i fish that there isn't any data coverage, so i wanted an app that didn't require an internet connection to view tide times!

Sure thing! Its called "Tides NSW Free" you can download it through the google play store (android devices).

I initially made it for myself because a few places where i fish that there isn't any data coverage, so i wanted an app that didn't require an internet connection to view tide times!

Good job, macca02. Thanks for offline app as it is more convenient comparing to usual online apps.

- Graphical view would be great with tide position at certain time (e.g.I can usually fish only at some specific time of the week, so I check the tide position on willyweather app for that time to decide whether/where to go and what to target.

- Manual tide adjustment (e.g. + or - 20 min) would be great if you are fishing regularly far from the closest tide station or far from the ocean. This function is already implemented in some tide watches.

Love it Macca , nice and simple.

Yes, FishSmart is a useful App, with good information, and being a free download is in the right price range (LOL). Although fish sizes and bag limits has been available for some time using the DPI stickers, the App adds additional information as well. Fair dinkum fishermen are already on the ball, but there is now no excuse for those who plead ignorance.

I generally use Weatherzone on my phone for tides and weather.

For swell and sea forecast I would sometimes use the BOM website. I'm still figuring out how swell and seas work so it can be a bit confusing at times.

After reading this thread I had a look at the BOM synoptic chart analysis. A lot of stuff from geography class back in high school that is now long forgotten!

• 1 month later...
On 30/09/2016 at 7:06 PM, Raymondo said:

Keep us posted on how it performs.

Tried the DPI app out in Jarvis Bay, was great not having to look for marker points, just open the app, the GPS picked up my signal and showed me where the restricted zones where in relation to my position.

big thumbs up for it and will see how it goes up Shoal Bay in a few weeks.

Swellnet with the morning reports with the size of the waves, tides and live winds recorded every hour. Good before going to an arvo flick off the rocks or even morning as they record wind at night too.

For weather forecast, surf, rain, cloud and wind, I use windguru. Everything detailled on one page with 6days forecast. Great website.

I think Willy gets it the closest the most consistently, (what it will probably be)

I think seabreeze predictions tend to predict the wind to be a little stronger and swell a little bigger than willy does and seems to predict the maximums pretty well. (Better to use seabreeze for a "how bad might it get?" Prediction) I think seabreeze is more based on BOM data than Willy is. Although I don't know that as a fact, it's just an observation.

If I am going offshore I always use MetEye from the BOM in conjunction with willy and seabreeze and find it is pretty good. I use RIPCharts for SSTs, currents, altimeter etc and I like to think I'm getting better at it but would never claim to understand it well or be good at it. 

2 hours ago, Mojo4fishin said:

anyone else find  that seabreaze is not correct in the past 2 months?

I don't think any of the forecasting sites are correct all the time , I find seabreeze to be one of the better ones in my locale for accuracy. Given the advances in computer modeling you would think the forecast accuracy would be better. 

• 2 months later...

Anyone else having issues with the SmartFish App crashing.

i have done the update thinking that would fix it and it still crashes and fishing up here in Port Stevens (Shoalbay) I don't want any issues.

Edited by jeffb5.8

Ok-one more time-Every single one of these other sites pulls all its data from the BOM and in most cases doesnt even bother to reinterpret the weather- some are OK as a guide but best bet is learn how to read a synoptic chart and look at the BOM site- the METEYE page is excellent if you cant be bothered to learn how to read the weather map. This especially applies if you wish to fish offshore or rockfish. 

On Sunday, January 22, 2017 at 11:36 AM, PaddyT said:

Ok-one more time-Every single one of these other sites pulls all its data from the BOM and in most cases doesnt even bother to reinterpret the weather- some are OK as a guide but best bet is learn how to read a synoptic chart and look at the BOM site- the METEYE page is excellent if you cant be bothered to learn how to read the weather map. This especially applies if you wish to fish offshore or rockfish. 

Not true, to the best of my knowledge Not all "cut and paste" from the BOM.