Some ppl ......

Vendee

Was at Narrabeen on Sunday but swell was a bit crazy so the beach fishing was a bit of a write off. 

Found this on a bench near the lake.

Imagine if someone had Sat down without looking and had the whole set of bait jig hooks embedded in their back. 

Threw it in the bin but some people are just .....

IMAG1357.jpg

I already developed a hobby of picking up  those hooks - a bit of fun and cleaning of the environment. Recent  "Catches" - Pier 2  - 9 hooks , Snapper Point - 7 hooks, Little Manly point (last weekend!) - 6 hooks .Everything  - just within 1 visit.

My pet hate beside discarded bait wrappers, line and hooks is the Maccas and takeaway rubbish people just throw out of their cars, while parked at waterside places Esp Boat Ramps) enjoying the view.

I often wonder they park there to enjoy their meal and the view and then just ditch there rubbish out the window, what do they think, someone is going to pick it up, nope it just blow into the water or the mangroves and wrecks the area.

Last time trying to show my 3 kids a lesson, they sat in the boat and i filled a small garbage bag in 5mins at Rydalmere boat ramp, only to find the council Otto bin was overflowing. So i ended up throwing it in the ute tray and taking it home.

People are just pigs full stop- I dont think we should be looking just at the fishing community for this one, look at the vast amounts of plastic by the road. i run a small swim school in the Nth West of Sydney and over the years in the carpark I have watched mother dump used nappies, takeaway containers etc etc etc onto the ground out of their cars- and guess what sometimes its quite "well to do" types dropping this stuff out of their expensive cars- litter is just off the scale as far as Im concerned. What happened to the good old anti littering campaigns that used to be on the radio and TV when I was a kid. Back in my LBG days I used to take 2 shopping bags to my "home"platform and every trip would fill both with rubbish, watching people be pigs was one of the reasons a stopped fishing the stones.

When are people going to realise that the human race is it's own worse enemy?I don't have any sympathy for us as we all deserve everything we get for our roles in destroying this once Beutiful place we call home.(The World).

How many of us flush the toilet?throw out the garbage?use fertilisers?use machinery such as cars,boats,mowers etc,etc ?And the list goes on and on.

All of which is pretty much done without a second thought.

I can safely say that there isn't a person alive on this world that doesn't contribute to this worlds demise in one way or the other as the human race is based on greed and selfishness.

sorry to be depressing but it's true.

Good job for caring and trying to do the right thing.

Edited by Fab1

3 hours ago, PaddyT said:

People are just pigs full stop- I dont think we should be looking just at the fishing community for this one, look at the vast amounts of plastic by the road. i run a small swim school in the Nth West of Sydney and over the years in the carpark I have watched mother dump used nappies, takeaway containers etc etc etc onto the ground out of their cars- and guess what sometimes its quite "well to do" types dropping this stuff out of their expensive cars- litter is just off the scale as far as Im concerned. What happened to the good old anti littering campaigns that used to be on the radio and TV when I was a kid. Back in my LBG days I used to take 2 shopping bags to my "home"platform and every trip would fill both with rubbish, watching people be pigs was one of the reasons a stopped fishing the stones.

Mostly adults eh?