Sydney Land Based Spot For Mulloway

AMBERJACK

Hi, this is my first post so please don't criticise me that much :D. First of all, I have been to Pier 2 and had no luck :(. I really not the daredevil kind of fisherman (fishing on rocks) and can't really go to Blues Point Reserve (because of the crowd and the snags). Also, can it be East of the bridge? I normally use a size 4 circle hook with a Mojiko Fishing Rod (1m) and fresh squid as bait, with a Jervis Walker monofilament 15lb line and a swivel bomb sinker. Does anyone have any ideas on fishing spots that are not that crowded or dangerous (btw in crowded places the current makes all the lines tangle :P) ? And how to improve my gear for the battle of the jewfish?

Thanks, amberjack out!

Hi mate,

You'll struggle to get anyone to give up their favourite spot that meets all the criteria you're looking for. 

The consensus in the Mulloway community seems to be that, if you want to catch a good fish, you have to earn it. It took me over a year to get my first targeted jewie, and that involved constant reading of reports and learning everything I could about how the fish behave. I'm still inconsistent in my efforts!

Google is your friend. Search with different criteria and you'll start to piece a puzzle together. I would say do things in this order: 1. learn the fishes behaviour. 2. look on the Navionics webapp/google maps to scout out potential spots. 3. search for reports on potential spots. 4. Read through every report on Jewies every made ;)

This thread has a lot of good info : 

Good luck! :)

2 hours ago, Razzell said:

Hi mate,

You'll struggle to get anyone to give up their favourite spot that meets all the criteria you're looking for. 

The consensus in the Mulloway community seems to be that, if you want to catch a good fish, you have to earn it. It took me over a year to get my first targeted jewie, and that involved constant reading of reports and learning everything I could about how the fish behave. I'm still inconsistent in my efforts!

Google is your friend. Search with different criteria and you'll start to piece a puzzle together. I would say do things in this order: 1. learn the fishes behaviour. 2. look on the Navionics webapp/google maps to scout out potential spots. 3. search for reports on potential spots. 4. Read through every report on Jewies every made ;)

This thread has a lot of good info : 

Good luck! :)

Well said.

As stated most people aren't very forthcoming with their jewie spots. Do some research, talk to a few people and start trying out spots where you have heard people catching them before. Find one you're comfortable at and fish it regularly. You'll meet other people targeting jewies too and if you're friendly enough they will give you a few pointers.

Edited by Mike89

Hey champ where abouts do you fish? Jewfish can be as hard as u make it out to be or as easy as u can make it. Rule 1 live bait or fresh bait. I catch my own squid and freeze them and its way better than any squid you can buy. Live yakkas is easy to find and they also will take it. Off the beaches tailor strips, salmon strips and mullet strips are the 1st option for me. Squid isnt even touched. I can get you onto a few spots. Pm me if ur interested.