Two brickings and a soapy

jenno64

Delayed report from Wednesday. Collected some really good size poddies (just under 15cm) and fished the run out tide at the mouth of the Georges. All pretty quiet for a while then my lighter rig gets slammed and i pulled the other rods in to give chase. The beast towed me for a undred or so metres then hit the afterburners and busted me off at the braid. From its behaviour I was thinking maybe a bull shark. I dropped my heavier outfit back in and started re-rigging when the other bigger livey was smashed. I was towed again but this time I felt head shakes and the run was a bit more mulloway like. The beast turned back up stream and I was just about over the top of it and it turned again sharply and with a delayed run busted me off at the hook. I let out a few expletives and wondered what it may have been. Two smashings in five minutes! 

I re-rigged and headed down with the tide and hooked a nice little soapy in the mid 60s which i released on video.

https://youtu.be/LwHrYf9qFXQ

No big flatties today but lots of excitement! I'm contemplating rigging up my heavy overhead outfit and getting serious with these bandits!

65cm mulloway.jpg

• Like 4

Getting serious gear in a yak? Lock up the drag and go skiing! Lol maybe that might be a bit dangerous but after getting done twice I reckon it’s worth the risk! Mate I think you have the gun bait and technique for hitting Jews,. It’s only a matter of time before a big one comes up onto the lip grips.

1 hour ago, Crabstar said:

What a great report! Keen to know where you got these poddys from, there scarce around me at the moment. Making things very difficult!!!

With the big tides atm try mid tide up on the flats. Walk around and scatter some bread. If you see some mullet place your trap and walk away for 20 minutes. Any sand flats atm will hold poddies.

On ‎1‎/‎24‎/‎2020 at 11:11 AM, jenno64 said:

All pretty quiet for a while then my lighter rig gets slammed and i pulled the other rods in to give chase. The beast towed me for a undred or so metres then hit the afterburners and busted me off at the braid. From its behaviour I was thinking maybe a bull shark.

No, a 2 metre dusky on steroids.  :074:

Quite likely a shark. Does not sound like a jewie.