Port Hacking

Fab1

image.jpgHi guys,Finished my last night of nightshift last night before going back on the Arvos on Monday so decided to head out for a fish with the mrs and son in tow this Morning.

Arrived at the ramp around 8:30 A.M and headed straight out to the Swa to the old ruins.

Within minutes of anchoring up and deploying my frozen berley the three of us where getting hook up after hook up on various baits.

We caught bream,pinkies,salmon,tailor and a flounder with a few legal fish caught and plenty that weren't.

Soon the bite slowed and we had 2 legal bream  on board before upping anchor and going to a spot in burranear bay which I caught a couple at a while ago.

This time every fish hooked was undersized.

Hit Lilli Pilly and other than losing a few rigs with some good bites here and there we pulled 2 legal tailor. 

From there we headed off to Yowie bay drifting between the moored boats for a heap of undersized again and 20 million sweep eating my berley.

By then we had had enough and tried around grays point in the main channel for more tailor.

I had kept the 2 bream for a feed but was called over by a land based guy asking if we'd caught anything and was told he hadn't even had so much as a bite so i offered him my 2 fish and headed for the ramp.

A fantastic day out with the family again for me and the cherry on top for all of us was getting to watch a wild dear while we anchored in the Swa for lunch.

I didn't take any photos of our bream as I planned to photo graph them at home but my son got the dead on my phone.

cherrs.

Sound like a good day out. You tried a few different spots, and found that the fish are moving into the Hacking.

Have seen quite a few deer over the years, and they can swim quite well to the northern side of the Hacking.

I fished early one morning this week for a couple of hours, for a 42cm tailor and a 32cm reddie, other than that, the rest undersized. I had one bite off from a solid fish, maybe a larger tailor. Patches of fish splashing about in various places. Threw lures at them, no takers, but a couple of follow ups right behind the lure. Not worth filing a report for that.

11 hours ago, papafish said:

is that a dear....??? do they actually exists lol

Well it is getting close to Xmas.Maybe santa's here early and camping out before delivering the presents with Rudolf on security watch lol.

41 minutes ago, Yowie said:

Sound like a good day out. You tried a few different spots, and found that the fish are moving into the Hacking.

Have seen quite a few deer over the years, and they can swim quite well to the northern side of the Hacking.

I fished early one morning this week for a couple of hours, for a 42cm tailor and a 32cm reddie, other than that, the rest undersized. I had one bite off from a solid fish, maybe a larger tailor. Patches of fish splashing about in various places. Threw lures at them, no takers, but a couple of follow ups right behind the lure. Not worth filing a report for that.

It certainly is a hard place to fish mate,but the beauty of the place keeps us going back for more.We've only got light tackle and I got smashed a couple of times around the moored boats on half pillys and fish strips.

Those sweep are in plague proportions and devour your baits don't they?

We like drift fishing but are a little worried of getting stuck on the many sandbanks in the shallower water.

Thanks also to the other guys that replied.

On ‎26‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 0:18 PM, Fab1 said:

Well it is getting close to Xmas.Maybe santa's here early and camping out before delivering the presents with Rudolf on security watch lol.

It certainly is a hard place to fish mate,but the beauty of the place keeps us going back for more.We've only got light tackle and I got smashed a couple of times around the moored boats on half pillys and fish strips.

Those sweep are in plague proportions and devour your baits don't they?

We like drift fishing but are a little worried of getting stuck on the many sandbanks in the shallower water.

Thanks also to the other guys that replied.

The yakkas have been a bit hit and miss, and one place where I normally hook a few has been plagued by those bloody sweep. If I see the sea eagle sitting up in the trees near me, I catch a sweep, break it's neck, and threw it out from the boat. The sweep float when dead, and the sea eagle will fly down, scoop it out, and head back to the trees for a feed. Have been doing that for many years, and if you throw the sweep close to the boat. less than 10 metres, you get a good look at those sharp talons and beak.

Edited by Yowie