310 dart boat floor !

Kaneo

Hey guys! New to fishraider , this is my first post. 

I have just purchased my first boat , 310 dart aluminium tinnie ;)

I'm keen to build a flat floor for the middle part but I have no clue or idea on how to do it. I was only going to cut out the marine ply and just leave it removable in the bottom but I'm afraid it'll rub and go through the aluminium or bend the two support strips that run across one side to another.

cheers kaneo!!

1 hour ago, Kaneo said:

Hey guys! New to fishraider , this is my first post. 

I have just purchased my first boat , 310 dart aluminium tinnie ;)

I'm keen to build a flat floor for the middle part but I have no clue or idea on how to do it. I was only going to cut out the marine ply and just leave it removable in the bottom but I'm afraid it'll rub and go through the aluminium or bend the two support strips that run across one side to another.

cheers kaneo!!

Welcome to the forum Kaneo.

You can notch out your ply to fit around the ribs with a jigsaw,fit some marine grade carpet and have the floor removable if you want or fix it down with screws or make up an ally frame pop riveted together.

If you don't have access to a welder you can use a propane torch and aluminium brazing rods to braze the joins also.

It depends what tools/materials you have access to and how much you want to spend really.

Do a search as this subject has been done to death and There's plenty of ideas and options.

Cheers.

Edited by Fab1

@Fab1 not sure how to reply to your message.

so I can just cut out pieces to fit straight into bottom that is removable and not worry about the aluminium being to weak & rubbing through ?  So it will just fit underneath the bottom of the carpet on either side ?

IMG_0421.PNG

Edited by Kaneo

3 hours ago, Kaneo said:

@Fab1 not sure how to reply to your message.

so I can just cut out pieces to fit straight into bottom that is removable and not worry about the aluminium being to weak & rubbing through ?Yes,pretty much but get yourself 2 lengths of c section ally and attach like in the photo to support the ply and you standing on it.Make the floor fit snug all round and the  thwarts and sides will hold it there.It will take a hell if a lot of rubbing to rub through the ally but for peace of mind you can run some rubber strips,carpet,felt etc under the edges of the ply if you like.

IMG_0421.PNG

As Fab's photo above that's how my Tinnie was fitted out with the Alloy supports Tek screwed into the ribs. The floor was standard marine ply with bondcrete sealed edges and marine carpet.

Was removable for cleaning and I had LED Strip lighting under the seats shining down to give just enough light to see round your feet.

no rub through issues and supported my 115kg frame with bowing.

If you have the deep Hull I would as add door to store items out of the way.

Seal the ply and add carpet and away you go.

15 minutes ago, jeffb5.8 said:

As Fab's photo above that's how my Tinnie was fitted out with the Alloy supports Tek screwed into the ribs. The floor was standard marine ply with bondcrete sealed edges and marine carpet.

Was removable for cleaning and I had LED Strip lighting under the seats shining down to give just enough light to see round your feet.

no rub through issues and supported my 115kg frame with bowing.

If you have the deep Hull I would as add door to store items out of the way.

Seal the ply and add carpet and away you go.

Thanks mate ! I like the look of that. My tinnie is the same bottom as yours, is the bondcrete for the edges to stop water getting in between the layers of ply ?

Where do you get the allow to fit the same or have to make yourself 

cheers kaneo

Edited by Kaneo