Port Hacking

Yowie

Headed out early this morning, to find many boats out there. Not the best time of year to go fishing, but needed something different to Christmas food.

Tried near Lilli Pilli for about 10 tailor on pillies, only one just over legal size. As a bonus, 2 blue swimmers took baits from the bottom, nothing else about.

Pumped some nippers and drifted about in a few places. Not many bites at all. A few whiting but none over legal size. One legal bream as well.

I also pulled out 2 long toms, both around 50cms, on the nippers in shallow water. Kept both of them. The fillets are similar to garfish in flavour, but I prefer the garfish slightly more. At least something to take home.

Fishing will get better when the boaties return to work and keep off the water.  :lol:

32 minutes ago, Yowie said:

Headed out early this morning, to find many boats out there. Not the best time of year to go fishing, but needed something different to Christmas food.

Tried near Lilli Pilli for about 10 tailor on pillies, only one just over legal size. As a bonus, 2 blue swimmers took baits from the bottom, nothing else about.

Pumped some nippers and drifted about in a few places. Not many bites at all. A few whiting but none over legal size. One legal bream as well.

I also pulled out 2 long toms, both around 50cms, on the nippers in shallow water. Kept both of them. The fillets are similar to garfish in flavour, but I prefer the garfish slightly more. At least something to take home.

Fishing will get better when the boaties return to work and keep off the water.  :lol:

Nice. Where about in lilli pilli mate? 

6 minutes ago, Fab1 said:

Good report mate.As usual you always manage something.I can only imagine the beating the waterways are taking with the holiday makers not to mention the chaos at the ramps.

Cheers.

That many boats about, that my boat was rocking most of the time from the wash being generated from the passing boats. Tinnies, cruisers, ski boats and jet skis.