Planning ahead for Hairtail 2017

kiwicraig

You know how in the colder months you find yourself dreaming of summer? I was doing the exact opposite yesterday.

I was working on a little father/son woodworking project and I found an off cut of broom handle that I had been looking for during winter and could not find. After I finished working with my son I made myself a new priest specifically for the  next hairtail social.

WP_20170127_17_56_26_Rich (2).jpg

35 minutes ago, Wellzy94 said:

I'm not taking a 2-seater out solo,

You have to leave that spot vacant to store the haul of hairtail you'll reel in.

Imagine the look on stew's face as you paddle up to the mother ship with a load of silver hairtail glistening under the moonlit night ?

@krause if someone else yaks out to the hairtail social what are you going to do to top it and retain your undisputed hold on the Man vs Wild award?  I'm having visions of you out there in 2018 in an inner tube with pilchards tied to your toes... :P

Haha, HenryR was there last year so im not alone.  But maybe you're right, we'll have to sink the completion enroute ahaha.  No all good, the more the merrier i say. And no one wants to put there toes in that water

3 hours ago, kiwicraig said:

@krause if someone else yaks out to the hairtail social what are you going to do to top it and retain your undisputed hold on the Man vs Wild award?  I'm having visions of you out there in 2018 in an inner tube with pilchards tied to your toes... :P

Hmmmm that idea has merit - sort of like a perpetual trophy :)