Chicken Gut

Peter.t.j

Hi,

I have been trying to get frozen  Chicken gut for some time.  Just before x-mas, I was told at the fishing shop that they would be able to get some by late January! Well

it's now february and now I have been told that they can't get any chicke gut! I live in the inner west. If anyone knows who has frozen chicken gut I would be most grateful!

Breambo

Hi,

I have tried as best as I can all the suggestions including ringing all the chicken farms near Blacktown & Pendle Hill etc.

Years ago, these places would sell me a bucket of fresh chicken gut! Now they all say they don't have any for sale!

I also tried different fishing shops including Takle world ( Drummoyne & Taren Point) the fishing shop at Kings park)

everyone says they aren't able to source fisho anymore! Previously, I had little trouble obtaining chicken gut!

From the feedback from one of the fishing shops, it seems it may be possibly not enough profit in it anymore?

If anyone knows who has any for sale in sydney, I would be  most grateful?

Thanks ,

Breambo

• 1 month later...

I use to get the windybanks chicken gut at the local servos.Im sure I saw it at the servo where I live a few weeks ago here in Appin.I'll ask for you next time I'm in there.

Hi all.Recently advised by a tackle store that the pre-packed fisho bait is no longer produced as the bloke responsible retired.A great standby estuary bait in fact a successful bream pro on the gold coast recommended to me to use it above everything else in the bait freezers.Rigged on a standard jighead as you would soft plastics works a treat,great for novice and junior anglers.

On 01/04/2017 at 4:55 PM, Fab1 said:

I use to get the windybanks chicken gut at the local servos.Im sure I saw it at the servo where I live a few weeks ago here in Appin.I'll ask for you next time I'm in there.

My local servo had Windybanks gut a couple of weeks ago. 

I'd like to say that means it's still around but it may have been in my servos freezer for a fair while.

Dave

• 3 weeks later...
On 16 February 2017 at 2:33 PM, peter.t.j said:

Hi,

I have been trying to get frozen  Chicken gut for some time.  Just before x-mas, I was told at the fishing shop that they would be able to get some by late January! Well

it's now february and now I have been told that they can't get any chicke gut! I live in the inner west. If anyone knows who has frozen chicken gut I would be most grateful!

Breambo

Hi mate,the Bp on Heathcote Rd the WindyBanks chicken gut.I bought some on Sunday night.

Cheers.image.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
55 minutes ago, peter.t.j said:

Great!

Thanks everyone! I will go to the BP!

Regards,

Breambo

I know chicken gut is what you're after but if it is too difficult to source, i've had great success with bream and flathead on stripped and cubed chicken breast coated in cheap parmesan cheese and a few sprinkles of aniseed (works better if its prepared a day before to let it soak into the flesh).
It's a cheap bait, stays on the hook fairly well given its not too soft, a large range of species will take it (used to catch aussie salmon on it) and its beyond convenient.
Great for dirty water, bream will take the small cubes and flathead will take a small strip about the length of an average finger.

Best of luck
-Chris

• 5 months later...