big Neil

Guest Guest123456789

Thanks for sharing Neil. I'm definitely adding one to my trailer that looks brilliant. Makes you wonder why they don't manufacture them as standard.

6 hours ago, big Neil said:

Here's the plank fitted to my trailer to help load /unload the boat. The plank is secured to the trailer cross members with u bolts.IMG_8482resize.jpgIMG_8483resize.jpgIMG_8484resize.jpgIMG_8485resize.jpgIMG_8486resize.jpgIMG_8487resize.jpg

Self explanatory really. BN

They are a great idea Big Neil. I have a similar setup on my trailer that I bought as an option when buying my new boat package. I find it fantastic when encountering a slippery boat ramp....have seen too many blokes go A over T! 

Dave

IMAG1686.jpg

IMAG1688.jpg

Proline 1.jpg

6 hours ago, big Neil said:

Here's the plank fitted to my trailer to help load /unload the boat. The plank is secured to the trailer cross members with u bolts.IMG_8482resize.jpgIMG_8483resize.jpgIMG_8484resize.jpgIMG_8485resize.jpgIMG_8486resize.jpgIMG_8487resize.jpg

Self explanatory really. BN

Good job there mate.

2 hours ago, rickmarlin62 said:

Had the same on my old trailer trying to fit one on my new one cross bars are on different angles but il figure it out  ..makes life easier hey neil..rick

You need to make yourself up some wedges to sit on the crossmembers to level whatever plank/board you'll use.I used a solid square length of nylon on my old boat.

2 hours ago, flatheadluke said:

Thanks for sharing Neil. I'm definitely adding one to my trailer that looks brilliant. Makes you wonder why they don't manufacture them as standard.

A lot of the manufacturers have them as standard or optional.My trailer came with the walkway but I find it a bit narrow at around 8" wide.

My solution was to add grip tape every where I walk as I stand on the walkway and trailer rails at the same time as well as climb over the bow and through the windscreen.

One of the best mods I did to the trailer was putting that tape on as I slipped and nearly lost the Crown Jewels prior to that.

If you make a walk way try to make it at least a foot wide so it's not such a balancing act.image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgCheers.

4 hours ago, rickmarlin62 said:

Had the same on my old trailer trying to fit one on my new one cross bars are on different angles but il figure it out  ..makes life easier hey neil..rick

Best aid for loading /unloading the boat on my own. BN