Wollongong Blackfish bag out plus flounder

elferoz777

Hi raiders

What a day....got a good dose of some much needed rod bendage!

I was lucky enough to let the kids go today and also escaped the baron of finance.

I got out late to austi rocks to collect my cabbage and string weed for both bait n burley. All in all there was that much I didnt even finish my coffee and I was ready to leave.

Got to my beloved spot about 20 mins later and was greeted by a familiar face, the usual fishos still trying to get their kingys and whatever. Always been good to fish with them as we work in well and no one hogs the spot or gets in the way. One of the gang was asking my advice on black fishing. So I showed him my rig and tried to sound like I know what I am doing....it didnt hurt that every demo drift I was getting really hard downs..at which point I decided to get serious.

I was struggling after this point for a bout 20 mins until I had my first on, one of the gang came over and netted it for me so I was one in the bag. I got another soon after and decided I would try some of the slated yakka I recently brined up. The kingys and frigates that I could see zooming passed didnt seem interested. They were chasing bait fish the size of a prawn. I switched back tot he Gary Howard and started drifting again. At this point a large boat came passed and I was on as its wake smashed the shore. After this guys it went dead for an hour as the tide changed and the water got cloudy. I thought at this stage...hmmm ill win some points with the baron and go home and mow the lawn.....but after one last cast. Well that was it, I went on a streak dropping fish, getting busted off and pulling some in plus letting some smaller models go. I also rigged up a yakka on a paternoster set up on my other rod and ended up getting a flounder. He wasnt the biggest however the damage the hook caused and the fact he fell between rocks meant he was well and truly finished when I finally recovered it. Would have preferred sent it back as it was right on legal and I usually like to give a cm or two.

By now it was two hours after I first decided to leave. I thought again...one last cast and I was on again. The fish dove hard and fast and felt like a bloody train and then SNAP....lost the hooks and decided to go home. All up I would have hooked up to 20 fish dropping some, releasing some and keeping some for the family.

BTW the solo cans arent mine they were there with the rest of the shit some grub left behind.

All in all one of the best days fishing I have had and my first bag out. Was satisfying as the fish all went to three different families so was good to give them out.

Steve 

20170409_142807.jpg

Very nice. Loving the One last cast success. Giving the Gary Howard a workout.

It's strange how the tide effects these fishes behaviour. Run in tide spot, runout tide spot. Top of the tide, bottom of the tide.... One wharf I used to fish had 4 seperate places the fish would be at different stages of the tide. It's fun once you work it out.