Fab1

Hit Windang early this morning armed with a variety of baits with the wife and son to be greeted by a glorious day out on the water.We tried fishing the channels along the islands to be plagued by massive schools of mullet everywhere and other than my son landing a small tailor around the mid 20,s not much else on the drift there.

After a discussion earlier last night with another raider we decided to head upstream to the drop off to try drifting for  flathead/whiting.Within minutes my son lands the first casualty,a flathead around 30cm or so on a whole prawn.

From there on in it was hook up after hookup and quite frantic at times with 3 fish on at once in a small boat juggling rods,bait and tripping over each other that I was kept quite busy being the fish netter,bait passer etc.

Overall we must have landed around 25 flathead,around 6-7 whiting and 2 good sized squid that had a appetite for prawn on a #1 hook.

I tried to get a few snaps on my phone amongst all the fuss.

We could not have asked for a better day both in the weather,the fishing and family time.

We kept 2 legal Flatty and 4 whiting for dinner the rest went back to live another day.

Plenty of other boats enjoying the weather also.

Cheers.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by Fab1

2 hours ago, Scratchie said:

Awesome fab! Great time out with the family and you got to take home some fish as a bonus! Well done :)

cheers scratchie!!! 

Thanks mate,we had a great time like usual.

2 hours ago, noelm said:

Pretty good spot at times....

It was today.

2 hours ago, noelm said:

Lots of big Mullet around at the moment, they will go out to sea soon, I got 6 big ones the other day, including one just over 1.5KG...

Your not wrong.You could use a frozen one as a baseball bat!

30 minutes ago, Rah said:

Top stuff Fab. What a great way to spend the day with family. With heaps fish as a bonus. :)

Cheers

Tara

Thanks Tara.There where plenty of family's sharing the day out there with their kids having a great time which was great to see.My favourite was a little girl fishing with her parents saying "Look daddy,I got a fish"then the mother would say "it's bigger than daddy's isn't it"and the little girl would say,"yep" each time she caught a fish which went on for ages.I could read the fathers thoughts from my boat.lol.But he went along with it.

By the way,has anyone tried this new fishing technique?It looks the goods as my son outfished my wife and myself today and still bragging.image.jpgLooks like it uses low amounts of energy.lol.

Used to fish that area as a teenager, plenty of fish to be found. Always a feed of flatties around the drop off. I would catch and keep a few small prawns as livies and use them the next morning, dynamite for flatties and big whiting.

The biggest school of mullet that I saw there stretched from way below the bridge, up the main channel and into the lake itself. Must have been a million mullet in a continuously moving school.

Sounds like a great day out.

55 minutes ago, Yowie said:

Used to fish that area as a teenager, plenty of fish to be found. Always a feed of flatties around the drop off. I would catch and keep a few small prawns as livies and use them the next morning, dynamite for flatties and big whiting.

The biggest school of mullet that I saw there stretched from way below the bridge, up the main channel and into the lake itself. Must have been a million mullet in a continuously moving school.

Sounds like a great day out.

I would of loved to fish it in those days mate.It was a good day out for many as from what I saw we all got onto some fish for a change.

46 minutes ago, JohnDory said:

Fab you are so much a better Dad than that

Your son almost looks in pain

Make him a handy rod holder

JD

My sons 22 yrs old.I think he's worn out because he only got 7hrs sleep instead of his 8-12.I remember when I was 22 I was lucky to get 8-12 hrs sleep every 2-3 days at times.But I'll give him one thing,he managed to catch most the fish today fishing like that.lol.

2 minutes ago, JohnDory said:

Best of all

Hes out there fishing with you

JD

Yep,he always chooses coming fishing with us over anything else.He's both our best friend and do everything together.

Well Done Team FAB1, it was a perfect day for fishing yesterday, quite a productive day too by the looks of it.

its great to be able to get out there with the family and get a few fish for the table while your at it!!!

Regards,

Nathan

4 hours ago, beginner said:

Well Done Team FAB1, it was a perfect day for fishing yesterday, quite a productive day too by the looks of it.

its great to be able to get out there with the family and get a few fish for the table while your at it!!!

Regards,

Nathan

Thanks mate.You need to get the Family down there yourself mate as I know you guys haven't been there before and your daughter will love it.It does get busy in the warmer months though.