Big Hairtail

Guest Guest123456789

Guest Guest123456789
11 hours ago, rippinlips said:

My first hair tail was 6 ft 2 long....have not got close since...the thing had me a tad nervous trying to get it into the boat...

That's my height, 187cm!! That's an anaconda!

mine went about 170 give or take (was about up to my chest). And same as you we were nervous when the thing came aboard. I reckon it could have taken a finger or toe off very easily. The casting deck became the protection deck!

Edited by Guest123456789

Guest Guest123456789

And blah blah blah was BLAH BLAH BLAH. Seriously why is the word BLAH BLAH BLAH censored??!

11 hours ago, flatheadluke said:

And blah blah blah was BLAH BLAH BLAH. Seriously why is the word BLAH BLAH BLAH censored??!

Luke the word Anaconda also is the name of a big shop that we once tried to get some sponsorship/advertising from. They declined so we decided not to give them any free plugs here.

Simply we censor profanity and some companies/businesses for various reasons. A google search does bring up fishraider content most times and inadvertently these businesses.

Thanks for asking I have altered your post :)

Gotta go find some of those hairtail - good luck all

Guest Guest123456789
2 minutes ago, mrsswordfisherman said:

Luke the word a shop also is the name of a big shop that we once tried to get some sponsorship/advertising from. They declined so we decided not to give them any free plugs here.

Simply we censor profanity and some companies/businesses for various reasons. A google search does bring up fishraider content most times and inadvertently these businesses.

Thanks for asking I have altered your post :)

Gotta go find some of those hairtail - good luck all

Makes sense now I'm guessing BCF is also blah blah blah. Cheers,

Luke

They're quite nice to eat - Scrub the silver off them with some steel wool or a scourer (not too hard, you'll rough up the flesh too much), cut into chunks (or fillet if you don't like bones, but it's only the backbone and ribcage), and shallow fry in some butter. 

Handy tip to get them in the boat, grab the body just behind the head. They're not overly slippery, and there are no sharp bits there :)

Cheers,

Wellzy

• 2 months later...
On 24/04/2017 at 8:25 PM, big Neil said:

Wierd looking fish Luke. What are they like to eat? BN

My biggest ever fish was a hairtail, and it was the best fish I've ever tasted. Best thing about it is that with the anatomy of the fish it is already in perfect fillets, so you don't need to do much work too cook them.

On 5/3/2017 at 8:53 AM, Wellzy94 said:

They're quite nice to eat - Scrub the silver off them with some steel wool or a scourer (not too hard, you'll rough up the flesh too much), cut into chunks (or fillet if you don't like bones, but it's only the backbone and ribcage), and shallow fry in some butter. 

Handy tip to get them in the boat, grab the body just behind the head. They're not overly slippery, and there are no sharp bits there :)

Cheers,

Wellzy

Agree 100% with wellzy, once tired they go horizontal and are easy as to grab behind the head, best way to go. 

And yeah, top notch eating if you remove the silver stuff.

1 hour ago, Aardvarking said:

My biggest ever fish was a hairtail, and it was the best fish I've ever tasted. Best thing about it is that with the anatomy of the fish it is already in perfect fillets, so you don't need to do much work too cook them.

Thanks for that info mate. BN