Fishing Podcasts

raging

I love me a good podcast. Two fishing podcasts that are pretty good quality

The outdoor and fishing show

http://www.2gb.com/show/outdoor-and-fishing-show/

rss link: http://www.omnycontent.com/d/playlist/88b564ea-a9a6-4751-910a-a5d800019396/0aa59166-7677-44cb-926a-a6d6003c8cbc/5f3b7013-0248-4809-971b-a6d6003cffd3/podcast.rss

This is the Saturday morning 2gb show, but with the podcast, can listen to anytime. The show covers a single (usually a fish species) topic per week. Downside is its high on live read adverts.

Kaydo fishing world radio show

http://kaydofishingworld.com/kaydo-fishing-radio-show/

they have 3 different shows, the NSW RSS feed is http://feeds.feedburner.com/KaydoFishingRadioShowNSW

This show has general tips plus a lot of chats with fishing charter guys around the state talking about what's biting.

I have no affiliation with either - I just like fishing stuff :)

Another good one is the Big Fish with Scott Levi on ABC podcast. Good topical segments each week. Always covers freshwater, south coast north coast and sydney each week.

Outdoor and Fishing Show is entertaining to listen to, but if you tallied up the amount of actual useful fishing tips you'd get about 5mins every hour. Kinda like the fishing version of the 2gb footy show. 

I'll have to check out kaydofishing. 

On Wed Apr 26 2017 at 11:24 PM, JohnDory said:

Kaydo NSW is good

as is 

Scott Levi on ABC

I listen every week to both ....   would love to meet John Clark (Stinker) what a character.

JD

A couple of years ago, Richard Fidler interviewed Stinker on his radio show, Conversations.

It's a fantastic interview and can be found on the conversations podcast. 

So, after this initial post, last week I got on to the Kaydo Fishing podcast and listened to the latest episode. I heard about the competition they were running to win a fishing charter for 2 people with Peter LeBlang. My wife and I entered, and this morning I found out that my wife won the comp! :D:D:D:D:D So stoked!! I hope she takes me!

So thanks raging for the initial post and the heads up on kaydofising :D

9 hours ago, seasponge said:

So, after this initial post, last week I got on to the Kaydo Fishing podcast and listened to the latest episode. I heard about the competition they were running to win a fishing charter for 2 people with Peter LeBlang. My wife and I entered, and this morning I found out that my wife won the comp! :D:D:D:D:D So stoked!! I hope she takes me!

What Flowers does she like.

2 Dozen roses?

Red or Yellow?

I was in that comp!

JD

11 hours ago, Pauafritta said:

These are brilliant! Now I need to figure out how to play them through the car stereo 

Mate, if you save them to your phone you can connect to the radio via bluetooth or 3.5mm auxiliary port! :)

Cheers,

Wellzy

So I popped my Podcast cherry thanks to a drive to Tamworth.

i downloaded to my IPhone and it played through my car stereo via the USB charging cable which connects it throu the Aux port.

it certainly was good since radio reception leaves after Gosford and doing this trip 3 times in 4 weeks I have listen to my limited supply of music.

time to download more and see what else is on pod casts for me.

thanks Raging

3 hour return trip to work daily - podcasts have saved my life over the last 3 years or so. History, science,movie reviews and of course....fishing! Big Fish and Kaydo are the only ones I'm aware of that focus on NSW/Sydney. Makes you wonder how you put up with the endless dribble on radio.....a bit is OK, but day in/day out.....hip hip for podcasts.

15 hours ago, josamill said:

3 hour return trip to work daily - podcasts have saved my life over the last 3 years or so. 

Agree!

Going off topic, but what are some other good non fishing ones? I've got about 3hrs in the car to kill each day as well.

On 03/05/2017 at 11:31 AM, seasponge said:

Lol congrats hopefully, ive been on that boat before.

Hope the skipper gets out of bed on the right side for you.

good luck! Your going to need it lol!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/3/2017 at 7:51 PM, raging said:

@seasponge how was the charter ?

Unfortunately the fishing was very quiet that day. I was keen to do the kingfish charter but it was probably a bit too late in the year to have a cracking kingfish session. The session started with catching squid for bait, downrigging for kingies around Scotland Is, then drifting for other species around back of Barrenjoey and Broken Bay.

In the end we caught 2 good squid, 1 kingy (only 55cm), a good sized leatherjacket, 1 flathead and a small flounder.