Port Stephens (late arvo session)

Scratchie

G'day raiders, 

Just another quick report. Headed out Friday arvo with mate Dom in search of a few snapper. Conditions were far from ideal with a 15-20 knot ssw wind and seas at times pushing 2m but we found a spot to hide and drift with the aid of a sea anchor. Casting sps with the wind at our backs helped cast a mile but we struggled at first to find any willing takers. A few tweaks to our weights and managed to find some bait and the fish started coming! Not the biggest snaps but still enough for a feed in trying conditions! 

I also caught a weird looking trevally that has been identified already on the aquarium section. (Cotton mouth trevally) 

Yesterday I also had reports of solid reds chewing there heads off up Broughton Island. Looks like snapper season has started early up here! 

Tight lines,

cheers scratchie!!! IMG_0366.PNGIMG_0367.PNGIMG_0358.JPG

Great work in not ideal conditions Scratchie. 

Saw a post on the dpi' s Facebook page about cotton mouth trevally being a unusual catch at a central coast fad  the other day, must be a few around. 

Cheers

Tara

8 minutes ago, rickmarlin62 said:

nice work  hope to get back up there Saturday..watching weather closely...water temp looks like its droppin a bit....did you try baits at all ???..rick

No rick...don't often use bait when I fish with Dom! And for 2-3 hours saves a lot of cleaning! :)