I am starting to fish again around the Shellharbour region. I was wondering if anyone knew any good spots for larger fish and what sort of tackle I would need ( lures/bait ). I am willing to anywhere in the Shellharbour region. So if anyone has any ideas on where to go and what to bring that would be highly appreciated. 

go into shell cove road. where the park is all the way to to end of google map. park you car and walk towards the right. a good 10 min walk you;ll be at a nice spot. but its a rocky area. dangerous when swell are high and wave a hitting hard. caught some nice decent fish there. but it varies. was bottom bashing.

Shell harbor as in illawarra? Rock options include bad point etc, very busy and stay safe. Any of the beaches in the area, or alternatively the channel at windang. 

5 hours ago, krause said:

Shell harbor as in illawarra? Rock options include bad point etc, very busy and stay safe. Any of the beaches in the area, or alternatively the channel at windang. 

By the channel at Windang do you mean the entrance to the lake

Thanks 

He means that the place is always full and people fish like mad there......mad as in rules do not apply ?

As for fishing Shellharbour for bigger fish, I'm assuming you are land based so here goes. Windang break walls (channel entry), Windang island (next to the break walls), Shellharbour boat ramp (rock point), under the gravel loader (at Bass Point entry gate), Bass point (drive through gate to the end and park, there are 3 options to rock fish here, the popular one is usually packed), the farm over at Killalea (this one is a secret spot of mine so no info as to where exactly to fish ?). The beaches are also a good go if you beach fish.

Windang is hammered by landbaaed and boat fisherman left right and center, poor fish don't have a chance to repopulate. And as lungfau stated, rules are optional to some...

• 2 weeks later...

Hey didn't want to start a new topic, most of the information here is for land based and I'm highly appreciative of that, but I was wondering any spots to pick up some fish in the lake with a boat. Its a quite small boat so able to move fit in shallow bars.