winter spots

ARC H

My understanding is that Tailor migrate north to Fraser Island for Winter breeding. We used to go to South West Rocks every July and catch heaps from rocks and beaches. I would reckon that you'd catch them any time from now to July. BN

Wamberal, Avoca, Copa and Macs beaches all hold good numbers of both species, rock platforms would be Avoca, Copa and winney. Pretty easy species to target generally in the cooler months, fish periods of low light - Dawn/Dusk pillies on 5/0 gangs or metal lures

Guest Guest123456789

Get a 12 foot+ rod with 20lbs braid and 30lbs leader and get to north Avoca rocks. Spot called the high ledge. Fishes best on a high tide and early afternoon is ok as the cliff throws shade over the spot. North east wind works and swells less than 2 metres. Don't fish it alone and you'll need rock boots and a life jacket. You'll need a strong rod to dead lift big salmon and tailor up 6 metres. Pilchard on a gang hook with about a size 3 star sinker. By catch big bream and Jew.

22 hours ago, rickmarlin62 said:

depends which part of the coast your on...up my way you have Catherine hill bay..moonie..frazer park..birdie..nth entrance....they all hold fish..some of the other guys might be able to help with further south..rick

i live up in the  terrigal area