STOCKTON BREAKWALL

ARC H

Hi RAIDERS 

Had to head down to Maitland for a dentist appointment:biggrin2: and after wards went out of the way a bit to go to stockton breakwall got there and settled down  a third of the way out on the harbor side of the wall. I started flicking out a samaki spider prawn bouncing it along the rocks 5 mins of doing this then Bang. Hook was set and i was on to a hard pulling bream came in at a nice 38 and fought awesome.

10 more mins of this and nothing so i swapped over to bait flicked out a lightly weighted pilchard sinking down the rock wall and instantly on to another hard fighting one the fish pulls me right in to the rocks and snaps the line on a oyster:ranting2: rigging back up  flicked back down and on again this time in comes a smaller 28cm model over the next 10 mins i get another bream around 30cm this time, also another hook up but rubs me off again 

all in all was not a bad day

GEAR WAS:

1:3 kg rod 

2000 size reel

8lb braid with 8lb fluro leader

Cheers ARC H

PS: was hoping to put a yakka out on another rod couldnt seem to berley them up tho,
also the biggest bream looks sick didn't notice at the time should i eat it:unsure:

IMG_20170711_140452[2905].jpg

22 minutes ago, swordfisherman said:

DEFINATELY WORTH THE EFFORT

yeah it probably  was in the end 

shame i couldnt land the other 2 i thought if i fished much heavier i would of stop getting as many hits tho

Edited by ARC H

Just now, Trailcraft43 said:

Good stuff. 

I wouldn't eat that big bream.

it looks diseased or near death.

It lacks the healthy brightness of the others.

thanks mate

yeah thought as much maybe was a good thing for the other fish that i didnt release it

28 minutes ago, Trailcraft43 said:

Yeah,

might just be it was gut hooked not long ago, n released roughly.

but you can't be too carefull just in case.

probably it still fought hard