Strange catch - last Sunday

bojulabah

Hi Raiders,

I went out last Sunday to target blackfish (out of my boat). The weather was crook - very windy as you'd expect from this time of year. Tucked in behind the heads and caught some unusual fish. I know diet changes for all fish at different times of year - I've caught Ludderick on nippers, prawns and bread - Never caught a Seargeant Baker on fly before??

What other strange catches have people caught

IMG_3564.JPG

Edited by bojulabah
Poor spelling

I once managed to lasso a small Rainbow.  Had to cut off a massive tangle at Middlingbank on Eucumbene one evening and I let the now loose line just drift out in the water whilst we sorted out some stuff.  I picked up the rod to wind in the loose line and setup again when all of a sudden I had a fish on!  Was super confused and wandered if I had cut the wrong line or something but no, a small Rainbow about 30cm had swum through the loose line and somehow looped it around its tails.  One very unlucky little Trout!

Windy

PS.  He was released unharmed.

Ive caught big bull sea mullet that swallowed the back end of a sugapen once....went bananas too haha I actually watched the lure work past it before the mullet turned and completely launched itself at it and sure enough tried to eat the thing...I was very surprised 

I once caught a cobia on a whiting I was winding in - it engulfed the poor thing so thoroughly I gut-hooked the cobia. Then after about 20 mins wrangling in shallow water and a trip to the beach from the end of the jetty, it turned out to be 2cm under legal at 63cm. That was definitely the most adrenaline-packed disappointment of my life.