mixed bag = fisherman's basket

omo

Headed to Mosman to see if we could score a feed. Virtually nothing happened as we fished the run out up to 12pm. We tried spinning lures, unweighted baits, float rigs, running sinkers, squid jugs....nada... just super quiet. Even the usual undersized squires were nowhere to be seen. Anyone else out fishing yesterday morning and afternoon experience this quiet?

Lunch break and decided to have another crack and fished till the sun started setting. We were rewarded with some action! A calamari, a blue swimmer, a pike, a trevally, and a tailor on the very last cast out with a live yellowtail. Oh and an octopus which we returned to the water. We also hooked a hairtail on a live yellowtail but unfortunately dropped him.First time to see one in the harbour..does anyone know if they are common in the harbour and any particular spots to try for them, rigs, baits etc? I heard they are good eating too.

Anyway.. mixed bag = fisherman's basket for dinner :)

Hope you all caught a few too.

Cheers

Omo

20170814_075821 copy.jpg

Interestingly enough we were out yesterday morning crack of dawn flicking SP's while gathering live bait around Middle Head and my mate caught a decent sized hairtail. We threw it back and I wish I hadn't because like you said the rest of the day was extremely quiet.