QLD hates Me!!!

Scratchie

Gday raiders,

I'm currently on holidays in qld for my wife's 40th birthday! Ive managed to sneak out two afternoons and after some advice from fellow raider pred_ator, the junior scratchies and I were keen to get amongst them. First we hit the southport area with relatively strong winds and low tide but we cast a few hundred times for not a touch. 

Today, we caught up with Stan and had another few hundred casts for zeros again! Now, I know a bought my lure in NSW but surely the fish don't know that! Lol. 

Overall, it was still great to get out and about. Then meeting up with Stan for the first time and having a chat whilst we fished even know we are in another state was pretty cool. Fishraiders are awesome! 

Thanks for your time and info Stan, muchly appreciated! 

Cheers scratchie!!!

p.s QLD I hate you too :) 

IMG_0779.JPG

Hey Jeff. The area is being hammered by pre fishing for the flathead classing coming up. I think they might be a bit gun shy!

If you're still around Sunday sneak down just over the border early & we can go get some wild bass if you like. I've got a spare yak. It's the best time of year to chase them up here as they've just come back from the salt after spawning & are usually hungry!

Cheers, Grant.

7 minutes ago, Jewhunter said:

Hey Jeff. The area is being hammered by pre fishing for the flathead classing coming up. I think they might be a bit gun shy!

If you're still around Sunday sneak down just over the border early & we can go get some wild bass if you like. I've got a spare yak. It's the best time of year to chase them up here as they've just come back from the salt after spawning & are usually hungry!

Cheers, Grant.

Grant, thanks heaps mate for the offer. But I'm heading to Wooli for 4 days, so I'm pretty confident I'll catch something in NSW! :) 

cheers scratchie!!! 

Good luck at Wooli.

The fishing was a bit slow in places in Qld when I was there for a few months ( only fished from the shore or a jetty or 2) but the locals complained about the excessive wind, a bit worse than normal, and when I had a few swims along the various coastal beaches, the water was several degrees cooler a metre or 2 under the surface.

1 hour ago, Scratchie said:

Another 300 casts today for zero return! :( 

i think the only good thing that comes from qld is the road to NSW.... :) 

Correct.

The flatties are about outside Port Hacking. You could try casting for them. (water is only 30 to 40 metres deep :lol:)

59 minutes ago, PRED-ATOR said:

great to catch up and meet the scratchie crew!

Spewing about the fish mate, they were on fire a few weeks back :( hope the rest of your holiday is magic mate, a pleasure to meet you!

I'll bring the beers next time!

Cheers Stan! 

And thank you for your time knowing you are a busy man with work etc! 

Ill get em next time! :) 

On 23/09/2017 at 10:01 PM, rickmarlin62 said:

hows wooli fishin jeff  any news  ????

Unfortunately rick, the wind has been blowing 30knots so not much fishing done! 

Young scratchie Jnr managed a flatty for lunch! 

Hopefully we can get to cast a few today! :) 

Hey Scratchie

I was at Wooli last week - didn't score any fish myself but the charter guy up there told me they had been getting jews off the end of the breakwall just after the bottom of the tide. There is usually a bit of dirty water around both sides of the breakwall end at that time and they were sitting in that - good luck!

Phil

On 25/09/2017 at 9:04 PM, LuckyFil said:

Hey Scratchie

I was at Wooli last week - didn't score any fish myself but the charter guy up there told me they had been getting jews off the end of the breakwall just after the bottom of the tide. There is usually a bit of dirty water around both sides of the breakwall end at that time and they were sitting in that - good luck!

Phil

Thanks for the tip Phil. I went and had a go but no luck. Tough fishing this area without a boat I think. Beautiful part of the world though!