Port Stephens- snapper time!

Scratchie

G'day raiders, 

Just a quick report from up here in Port Stephens . 

Went out this morning with mate Dom in pretty sloppy weather and expecting to get a little wet! 

We managed to find a few fish and I got completely smoked by a good  snaps that made it back to the reef before I did and managed to pull the hook! Grrrrrrr! 

But I had the last laugh as we managed to bring a few of his brothers home! 

Water temp- 19.6 

Cheers scratchie!!! IMG_1002.JPG

IMG_0997.JPG

3 minutes ago, rickmarlin62 said:

cant wait for next weekend..looks like a bit of breeze all week then droppin fri night..yeehaa.....nice fish jeff...any slimies showin yet ??..rick

Cheers rick! Mate not up at Broughton. To be honest spent no time looking for them either. We only use sps chasing snapper! Had a live bonito out all day for no takers! Still upset by the one I lost though! It was definitely a big bastard! So there up there mate! 

5 hours ago, Scratchie said:

Cheers rick! Mate not up at Broughton. To be honest spent no time looking for them either. We only use sps chasing snapper! Had a live bonito out all day for no takers! Still upset by the one I lost though! It was definitely a big bastard! So there up there mate! 

nice fish mate.What plastics are you using?

Cheers

12 hours ago, gundi4 said:

Well done mate. Hope to get up there myself soon as we have just relocated to Newcastle. Love your work

Cheers. 45min drive to paradise! 

13 hours ago, Gutamouth said:

Cracker fish mate, nicely done! 

Cheers! 

10 minutes ago, Scratchie said:

Thanks baz! Same area :) 

Thanks for the tip, Jeff! Keep trying to get back out there but something always seems to crop up. ? Just had Wed to Fri off but a pipe in the kitchen burst and flooded the celing below Wed morning so it's been tradies in every day and I have to be there to discuss things with them and the insurance company. ?Bloody frustrating when I know the fish are going off!!! ? Hope it all gets sorted soon!

12 minutes ago, Ribs said:

Cracker fish there mate , killing it as usual.

I'll be up there last weekend of this month with the fam, but I hear shoal bay pub is under development, ? might see u at the fishos for a sneaky

Cheers Craig! Ive got fishing club weekend on then so I might be thirsty! :) 

9 hours ago, Basil D said:

Nice catch as usual Scratchie , Looks like Im heading your way in couple of weeks times with a couple of friends, hope we catch up for a beer mate.

Hey ya! Good to see you still around Mr Groper! Let me know when your up and I'll try catch for sure! :) 

On 10/16/2017 at 6:29 AM, Scratchie said:

Hey ya! Good to see you still around Mr Groper! Let me know when your up and I'll try catch for sure! :) 

will always be around, jusy not getting the time I used to go fishing :( running your own business really throws you around, On the bright side I can afford the toys now lol, Had a chat to my mate Jim today , looks like it may be mid next month, we will be doing some diving as well, will catch up for beer thats for sure

Edited by Basil D
spelling eror