Wobble Roller Advice sought

Sea Ranger

The roller looks fine unless it's out of round or cracking.

there is a washer on the inside and outside of the roller and a split pin. Count how many rollers you have and grab a pack of split pins and 2 x washers.

head to your local ramp on a quiet day (Mon-Frid) and drop your boat in and tie it off out of the way.

Then park the trailer and start servicing the rollers and giving it a good check over and adjustment.

You will love that boat. I carry a couple of spare rollers and spare split pins. I have been caught out a couple of times when we have gone to pull the boat out and noticed one of the wobble rollers missing. I used to gaffa tape a towel around the arm with the missing roller so we weren't standard i the water but now I just have spares. We have also fitted solid plastic bumpers either side of the first keel roller on the rear cross member. So if you come in slightly askew driving onto the trailer the bow hits plastic not a gal bracket. Then you can spend less time fibreglassing on Sunday afternoons. 

11 hours ago, Captain Spanner said:

You will love that boat. I carry a couple of spare rollers and spare split pins. I have been caught out a couple of times when we have gone to pull the boat out and noticed one of the wobble rollers missing. I used to gaffa tape a towel around the arm with the missing roller so we weren't standard i the water but now I just have spares. We have also fitted solid plastic bumpers either side of the first keel roller on the rear cross member. So if you come in slightly askew driving onto the trailer the bow hits plastic not a gal bracket. Then you can spend less time fibreglassing on Sunday afternoons. 

As I often have friends bringing the boat to the trailer I went the whole hog and covered everything in that area with HPDE skids... I can attest that it has reduced the need for  fiber glassing ... Cheers Zoran

Trailer.png

2 hours ago, zmk1962 said:

As I often have friends bringing the boat to the trailer I went the whole hog and covered everything in that area with HPDE skids... I can attest that it has reduced the need for  fiber glassing ... Cheers Zoran

Trailer.png

Nice looking Trailer mate

Thanks mate.... had her built in 2001 by a local company.... added a few things like the HPDE skids but she's still running original springs, axles, disc rotors etc.. a bit of care after each trip and some maintenance goes a long way.  Cheers Zoran

9 hours ago, zmk1962 said:

Thanks mate.... had her built in 2001 by a local company.... added a few things like the HPDE skids but she's still running original springs, axles, disc rotors etc.. a bit of care after each trip and some maintenance goes a long way.  Cheers Zoran

My hat goes off to you mate for being one of the few that cares for their trailer.She wouldn't have lasted like that if you hadn't cared for her the way you have.She's a beauty.