Ribs

Making a point to be on the water more often with the kids of late, teaching my Young fella how life can/should be instead of the rat race we all have to endure each week , well he's a good learner ( must take after the mother ).

Crabie as he is affectionately known as was picked up During the week by the young fella going 1.5kg, flaty frame bait left over night, high fives all round.

This morning on HT whilst reeling in a blade I casted out for him whilst mucking around with a pot , this 45cm lizard jumped on, even though I landed it, still his fish. Drifted to same patch trying to outbeat him I hooked a serious croc however my 6lb Silly string was cut off at the leader and lost my blade?

Chilli mud crab for me and the Mrs  and tempura battered flaty fillets for the kids whilst watching the V8's. Cant complain !IMG_2615.PNGIMG_2617.PNG

Guest Guest123456789

Well done mate!! Nice feed there. Where’s the best place to set pots? I’m guessing the weed line around 3 metre mark? Never caught a crab in a trap (and probably never will it’s bannec where I fish).

16 hours ago, flatheadluke said:

Well done mate!! Nice feed there. Where’s the best place to set pots? I’m guessing the weed line around 3 metre mark? Never caught a crab in a trap (and probably never will it’s bannec where I fish).

Thanks Luke , anywhere up river from capt cook bridge , Ive caught em in 500mm to 6m deep, current flow, fresh fresh fresh bait a must 

16 hours ago, Scratchie said:

Good stuff bro! Great to see you out and about with the young fella! Kids love time out like that. I bet you they can’t remember there best day of television! 

Keep em coming Craig! 

Cheers scratchie!!! 

Thanks bud , less time on the screens for sure... there is more to life than pixels ?

We will be at little beach Thursday night till Sunday , horse riding with the kids , beach , lemon tree passsge oysters and plenty of flicks in between, catch up for a beer if free bud!      Can't wait to get up there .... any prawns about yet? 

12 hours ago, jenno64 said:

Great to see the young fella involved and two nice meals there:)

Thanks mate , yes hopefully he stays keen, attention span not there yet but catching something is always high 5's 

great to see our Georges being predictable and productive again , have to hook up for a flick mate, I'm on the water at least 3 outings a week now depending on work , if u see my little boat and big puppy come over and say hi. 

IMG_2618.PNG

2 hours ago, rickmarlin62 said:

good to start them young..my son started at four  hes now 20 and fished with me all weekend....had great time and caught fish.....as jeff said better than screens...rick

Thanks Rick, I can only hope when he gets older he still wants to hang out with the old man, and the Mrs and daughter don't mind having the boys out fishing!

win win and some fish in between. 

13 hours ago, Heath R said:

Awesome work mate. Far out the young fella is a chip off the old block. We have to catch up for a fish soon

Anytime bro, I 'll give u a few tips on how to "get the net" ?

U know my spots, couple of big girls lazing around the drop offs, seen your bro at the ramp a couple of times . 

Don't be soft 

Guest Guest123456789
On 23/10/2017 at 9:29 AM, Ribs said:

Thanks Luke , anywhere up river from capt cook bridge , Ive caught em in 500mm to 6m deep, current flow, fresh fresh fresh bait a must 

Thanks Ribs might give it a go next time I go on holidays

On 10/23/2017 at 9:50 AM, Ribs said:

Thanks mate , yes hopefully he stays keen, attention span not there yet but catching something is always high 5's 

great to see our Georges being predictable and productive again , have to hook up for a flick mate, I'm on the water at least 3 outings a week now depending on work , if u see my little boat and big puppy come over and say hi. 

IMG_2618.PNG

Shall do!

On 27/10/2017 at 7:48 PM, lostincable said:

Nice catch and great for the big smiles as a reward.

Is it safe to eat muddies up in the George's?

I don't eat anything west of Alford's pt bridge, the Georges has improved over the last few years imo, so it is better, but like any system in Sydney , pollution , waste dumping, sewage overflows, people etc etc is always a concern. 

As they say, moderation.