Leo’s PB flatty

Guest Guest123456789

Guest Guest123456789

Put the boat in east gosford this morning. Had the whole family with me so expectations were low - main goal was to have a leisurely time cruising around and stop off for lunch and play at the park.

we left the jetty about 9:30 and,given I had a 1 and 3 year old on board, figured trolling along would be fun. Did this for a while then anchored up near the racks to chuck lures for a bit. Got a follow of a big Hairtail, he got the lure in his mouth but I couldn’t set the hook.

Moored the boat and had a great lunch plus let the kids burn some energy and the wife check out a few shops.

gave the flats a go for a bit on the way back and with my 3 year old Leo we hooked a solid fish. Little guy was so excited, winding furiously against the drag. Managed the net him - a PB at 60cm. Very well conditioned fish, nice and fat and a belly full of food (I’m surprised it took the lure).

persevered for another 15 minutes and we got another a bit smaller. This time my wife netted the fish. 

Happy we had enough for dinner and my 1 year old woke from her nap we headed back in. Not the best haul of fish but certainly the best day I’ve had on the water. Thanks for reading. Luke

82F0F35A-2258-4DEF-87B1-C680573DC2BB.jpeg

Edited by Guest123456789
Typo

Guest Guest123456789
13 hours ago, ARC H said:

good on him!

Thanks mate

13 hours ago, Scratchie said:

That’s awesome Luke! He looks rather pleased! There’s no better experience than taking your kids fishing, fullstop! 

Cheers scratchie!!! 

Next thing you know he’ll be on fishraider as flatheadleo with little scratchie

12 hours ago, rickmarlin62 said:

that is an awesome day out mate  good fish for the young'un too..rick

Thanks Rick

11 hours ago, Regan said:

good report mate

he looks stoked

Thanks Regan he was. His sister slept through it all lol 

9 hours ago, Mike89 said:

Quality time with the family on the water. Great to put the little fella onto a good fish.

Caught a big one - my first fish - myself at a similar age fishing with my old man and got me hooked for life!

Thanks Mike, that’s a good story I hope to get him into Fishing - prett sure he is hooked already - he didn’t stop bragging the next day to his mates. So much so another Dad went fishing Monday afternoon and put his young bloke onto two fish from the beach. Competition already!

Guest Guest123456789
1 hour ago, nutsaboutfishing said:

Luke,

don't teach him too well or for the rest of your life you'll trying to beat his PBs

richard

Ha! Thanks Richard. He’ll never be as good as his old man, the older I get the better I was.

14 hours ago, flatheadluke said:

Thanks Mike, that’s a good story I hope to get him into Fishing - prett sure he is hooked already - he didn’t stop bragging the next day to his mates. So much so another Dad went fishing Monday afternoon and put his young bloke onto two fish from the beach. Competition already!

Haha bet they weren't as big as the one your fella caught!