saragossa vs saltist

geshy

tossing up between the gossa 8000 or the saltist 4500 looking at reviews alot of people are saying the gossa is better just looking for opinions will be used for spinning of the rocks for pelagics and of the boat for jew etc

Have not used the new saltist 2016. But i have used a saragosa 10k sw. I liked it so much i bought a spheros 10k which is an identical reel bar speed ratio and a $6 ball bearing

i dont know how shimano justifies $100-$150 price difference when the main different component is a $6 ball bearing and bushing

i guess with the saltist you would have to worry about servicing the mag seal bearings

Edited by xerotao
Wrong part quoted

On 20/11/2017 at 7:39 PM, xerotao said:

Have not used the new saltist 2016. But i have used a saragosa 10k sw. I liked it so much i bought a spheros 10k which is an identical reel bar speed ratio and a $6 ball bearing

i dont know how shimano justifies $100-$150 price difference when the main different component is a $6 washer

i guess with the saltist you would have to worry about servicing the mag seal bearings

oh really i didnt know that so i could just buy the washer an pretty much have a gossa haha

On 20/11/2017 at 8:33 PM, JonD said:

I bought a 4500 and 6000 saltiest and very quickly sold them on. I've owned a 8000 10000 and 25000 gosa which I've been very happy with. Personally I would get the 8000 gosa.

yeah im leaning towars the gosa mate thanks for your opinion 

Any Daiwa Reel that has the "Mag Sealed" Bearings, I personally would stay away from

No one can service them except Japan ..... Now that SUCKS !!!

Go the Gosa, I have the older models, but if the newer ones are anything like the older versions , jump at them !!!

Great_White

On 20/11/2017 at 9:06 PM, Great_White said:

Any Daiwa Reel that has the "Mag Sealed" Bearings, I personally would stay away from

No one can service them except Japan ..... Now that SUCKS !!!

Go the Gosa, I have the older models, but if the newer ones are anything like the older versions , jump at them !!!

Great_White

alreay locke it in mate thanks haha 

Saragossa is a great reel but is very heavy with the 8000 being 680g. I had one for jigging & it lasted a long time but for spinning from the rocks it is a bad choice. If you are looking to put a good action on surface lures & also be able to cast for hours on end you need to keep the weight down. Have a look at the Biomaster 8000, at 550g it much lighter & has a faster 5.7:1 gear ratio for better retrieve. The Gossa has a 5.6:1 ratio which is slower & more powerful (great for jigging/deep water work) & a full metal body to stop flex but ^ weight. 

The new Saltists are ok but I would save the coin & buy a Black & Gold if you want Diawa but you have to be happy with the T handle as it is not interchangeable with other real 4 reel handles. As for MAG seal I have a lot of diawa reals with it & have not had an issue. For an example I have changed the line roller bearing twice in my shimano Sustain & not once in either of my Certates that see more work. Diawa Australia are in Brookvale & can do all the servicing. I would go down to a shop & pick up the reals before buying them.  

15 minutes ago, xerotao said:

You are probably better off with a 6k if you are spinning lures. As an 8k would make your arms very sore as Towlersbay Boy

also note that daiwa bg isnt waterproof

I know reels not being waterproof is common, but every time it's pointed out I have this moment where I think that makes about as much sense as a screen door on a submarine.

2 minutes ago, MainframeJames said:

I know reels not being waterproof is common, but every time it's pointed out I have this moment where I think that makes about as much sense as a screen door on a submarine.

It does help with accidental splashes and dunks

and hence why its classed as a saltwater reel

The Stradic 5000 fk is a good little reel for land based too if you want to keep the weight down, I've had one since they first came out which has been fantastic ( if only the kids would let me use it occasionally).

On 21/11/2017 at 11:30 AM, Towlersbay boy said:

Saragossa is a great reel but is very heavy with the 8000 being 680g. I had one for jigging & it lasted a long time but for spinning from the rocks it is a bad choice. If you are looking to put a good action on surface lures & also be able to cast for hours on end you need to keep the weight down. Have a look at the Biomaster 8000, at 550g it much lighter & has a faster 5.7:1 gear ratio for better retrieve. The Gossa has a 5.6:1 ratio which is slower & more powerful (great for jigging/deep water work) & a full metal body to stop flex but ^ weight. 

The new Saltists are ok but I would save the coin & buy a Black & Gold if you want Diawa but you have to be happy with the T handle as it is not interchangeable with other real 4 reel handles. As for MAG seal I have a lot of diawa reals with it & have not had an issue. For an example I have changed the line roller bearing twice in my shimano Sustain & not once in either of my Certates that see more work. Diawa Australia are in Brookvale & can do all the servicing. I would go down to a shop & pick up the reals before buying them.  

thanks for the great avice mate thats i think i will go try afew an see which i like